𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

"Are you and Finnick together?" The 16 year old tribute asked.

"No." Kekoa said. "Why would you think that?"

"You two seem close." Rhosyn shrugged. 

There was an awkward silence.

"Do you like him?"

"Rhosyn." Koa said sternly, giving her a glare.

"What? Just asking." Throwing her hands up in the air, Rhosyn leaned back in her chair. 

Rhosyn was worried, she was going into the games in just two days. Her chances of winning were slim, she at least wanted to talk with her mentor about something other than fighting tactics.

Koa noticed her mood drop, she know the girl didn't intend to be bothersome. Finnick had told her to be a little more open with Rhosyn, since she was a girl that looked up to Kekoa.

"Do you know Annie Cresta?" Koa asked, Rhosyn quickly looked up and nodded. "I think he likes her."

"Really? I always saw the two as friends." The younger girl said. "Are you sure?" 

"He calms her, he's there for her, he's everything she needs." Koa fiddled with her fingers.

"Is she everything he needs though? It has to go both ways." 

....

"You could never be loved. Everyone close to you has died." Aeron said. "He means nothing."

"But I think he actually likes me." Koa said softly.

She didn't know why she went to visit her dad. It had never went well.

"No, he feels sorry for you. You're a helpless little girl, you're a fighting machine."

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Koa looked down at her left hand. To be specific, she looked at her ring finger, which now had a ring on it. It was a beautiful ring, it fit perfectly. She also felt the necklace that sat around her neck. It felt like 100 pounds on her shoulders.

She was happy to be engaged to Finnick. 

However, their wedding quickly spread through District 13. She didn't like having a lot of attention. She was reminded she was a victor of the Hunger Games, an escapee of the capitol, a killer, a rebel, she was bound to get unwanted attention.

It was nice walking through hallways and seeing her friends congratulating her on a long awaited wedding.

It was not as a nice walking into the headquarters of District 13 and being met with serious faces.

"We should televise the wedding." 

"There's nothing big about this, it should just be a piece of paper signed."

"There should be a big grand party! It'll make a great propo. A nice dinner, alcohol, entertainment."

"Or the two people getting married should decide."

"Absolutely not."

"What's the point of a propo if no one's having any fun!"

Koa immediately left the room after she heard her own heartbeat in her ears. Her hands were shaky, and her leg couldn't stop jumping up and down.

Finnick was in the room, and he looked worried when she got up and left, but she trusted him to make the decision for them.

In all honesty, she didn't care what her wedding was. She just wanted to be married to the love of her life. She wanted to be an Odair, she wanted to get rid of her horrid last name.