Chapter 2 - Mysterious Boy

Kyla's eyes widened at the man before him, "Y-you," she stuttered.

But the man just stared at her, which made her feel like he was playing with her. He's the one who killed her teacher, who took care of her, and her friend, and now he took her somewhere else. What does this man really want now?

The worst is that Kyla has no idea that the man in front of her is the one for whom she wants to take revenge.

"Train me?! Are you for real, Sir Draven?!" Kyla asked, still unable to believe the words she heard.

Draven ran his fingers through his hair, "Yes," he responded as he put down his sword on the wooden table beside him.

"But why? Why me?" Kyla asked. "I don't get it; I still don't even know what my power is!" she exclaimed.

The man heavily sighed, "That is why I have to train you for you to know what your power is, or what kind of elemental user you are."

"I don't accept answers from you, kid," Draven added. "I am just informing you that I will train you, whether you like it or not." He walked past Kyla and stopped in the doorway. The girl's eyes just followed his figure.

He looked at her over his shoulder, his hand placed on the doorknob. "After all, I saved your life, wasn't I?" he emphasized as he finally twisted the doorknob and opened the door. He left the girl inside the cabin, feeling satisfied with what he saw in her expression.

'Just wait, kid. I will also know your real identity before you even know it,' he thought as he entered the forest filled with tall trees and mysterious creatures.

Back in the cabin, Kyla was left stunned, and she just froze on her spot. Someone is actually going to train her? She is just a weak, short, and ordinary 9-year-old girl; why bother to train someone like her?

"This is real," she mumbled to herself. "My village is already completely destroyed, and now, this?" She finally moved from her spot and left the place, wanting to see and talk to Draven and make him elaborate his words even more.

She is just a 9-year-old girl, for everyone's sake! These details and happenings are too much for her to handle.

As she stepped outside and her bare feet touched the grass, she felt a shiver down her spine as the cold air touched her skin. She is still wearing her plain dress, but her slippers are nowhere to be found. Kyla thought it had disappeared while she was stuck in the middle of the crowd in the Sky Village.

To her dismay, Draven, the man who saved her and wants to train her, is nowhere to be found. She is also too afraid to wander around the forest alone; who knows what kind of creatures she might encounter that can end her life right away.

"Where is he?" she asked to herself. "He just left me here!" she groaned. Her irritation began to well up in her.

Kyla saw a rock on the ground, and she kicked it out of frustration. The rock landed behind the bushes, and a yelp coming from a boy could be heard, which made Kyla startled.

"Uh," she said, putting her hand on her mouth in surprise. "S-sir Draven? Is that you?" she slowly stepped forward into the bushes, but she met silence.

"I didn't know you were there, sir. I'm sorry," she quickly apologized, as she thought the rock hit his head. "And, um, I actually wanted to talk with you regarding-"

She didn't finish her words when a strange boy suddenly stood up from the bushes, making Kyla's eyes and mouth widen in surprise. He is shorter than her, has soft black hair, and has red eyes. He is wearing a white long sleeve with a red vest that has gold linings, black pants, and shoes to complete his outfit.