Chapter 4 - Travel

Kyla continues to train under her mentor, Draven. She perceives him as her savior, and she owes her life to him. At first, she was hesitant, but he convinced her that the only way to take some revenge is to become stronger, and training with him is the only way she currently has.

Draven gave her a strict schedule. As time goes by, the training has gotten a lot harder. To the point where sometimes, if the training reached a more difficult level, Kyla would just suddenly pass out due to over fatigue.

Her mentor is an assassin, and the kind of training he is giving her is very different from the usual training a person usually gets at a certain school. After all, he came from a hidden organization in another kingdom.

If the training has gotten more difficult, that also means Kyla has gotten a lot better at fighting. Draven also found out that she is a good analyzer and is extremely good at close combat.

She also doesn't go to faraway places. Her routine always revolves around training. She also didn't get a chance to meet her mentor's child again, which she thinks might be because he is part of the upper-class and her mentor is just secretly training her, a low-class person.

In this world, low-class people are not meant to have casual and formal interactions with middle- and upper-class people.

Seven years have passed, and she is now ready to take the entrance exam to the prodigious academy her mentor has always been talking about, the "Zeus de Academy."

"Are your things ready now?" Draven leaned on the doorway while watching 16-year-old Kyla prepare her backpack filled with her clothes and necessary things she would need.

Students at Zeus de Academy have rooms since this place is far away from the kingdoms.

"Yes, Sir Draven," she replied. Her voice changed; it became more mature.

Her physical appearance changed the most. She has smooth black hair that reaches her shoulders, clear skin, a narrow waist, and a height of 5'2 feet.

"After you take the entrance exam, you will already know the result right away. So, if you pass, you will be starting to study there a day after," Draven explained.

"I know for sure that you will pass the entrance exam. After all, I trained you," he added, which made Kyla look at her in happiness.

"Aw, thank you," she happily said before hugging him tightly.

Draven patted her head. "No problem, but I do have one request, Kyla."

Kyla pulled away from him. "What is it?"

"After you pass the exam and finally start studying there, don't ever think about coming back here," he said in a demanding tone, making Kyla blink in confusion.

"What? Why?"

"I have heard rumors that this academy will allow their students to go back to their homes to visit their families for a certain number of days only, but I do not want you to come back here," Draven sighed.

"I don't get it," Kyla whispered.

"I want you to meet me again when you have gotten stronger, where you can use your elemental power to the fullest," he stated.

"That is my request, Kyla," he added.

Kyla hesitated at first, but she also wants to follow his request as a sign of respect for her mentor. "I understand," she sadly replied.

For her, Draven is not only her mentor but also her father. He's the one who took care of her after the incident happened in the Sky Village, and he's also the one who helped her awaken her elemental power. He meant a lot to her.