That Day I Met You

1932 
"The Summer Gellert and I fell in love, my brother fell in love as well, with a girl from the Hollow. She was sent away. There were rumors about a child." 
- Albus Dumbledore
Fantastic Beasts The Secrets of Dumbledore

Summer of 1899

"Hi."
"Hello."
"I'm Aberforth Dumbledore"
"Ria, Ria DeGull." Her brilliant green eyes smiled softly, "So what does one do for fun around here?"
"In Grodic's Hollow, anything."

Overtime their friendship grew and Ria brought him to her home.
"Mother, Father, I would like you o meet Aberforth."
"How do you do?" He said as two children ran onto the kitchen. "Hello."
"These are my younger, twin siblings Anthony and Isabella." Ria said plucking a dead leaf out of her sister's hair. "Anthony, Bella, this is Aberforth." 
"Please stay for dinner." Mrs. DeGull said. "We'd be happy to have you." 
"Thank you very much." Aberforth smiled. 

*****************************************

"Ria, I'd like you to meet my sister, Arianna." Aberforth said. The younger girl shrank back at the sight of a stranger. Yet Ria was unafraid as she dropped to her knees, "It's okay, I won't hurt you." 
From then on Arianna had a new companion and sometimes she would visit the DeGull house. Even her rages did little to scare Ria, who quietly bore an array of injuries from trying to help. 
"Aberforth, I hate to say this." 
"She doesn't have long, I know." He sighed, "I worry about what will happen when I go back to school." 
The two sat quietly in the Dumbledore kitchen until Ria got up. "I'm cooking. I love doing it and you need cheering up." 
"Ever consider opening a restaurant?" Aberforth asked her. 
"Until you mentioned it, no." She thought for a moment, "Sounds like a wonderful idea though." 

*****************************************

"I'll be gone for the week, but I promise I will be back." Ria gave Aberforth a hug. 
"Be careful, okay." He told her. 
"You know I will." 

While Ria was off, Aberforth continued to tend Arianna and create plans for their restaurant.
"I'm going with Gellert." Declared Albus as he burst into the room. The aforementioned was on his heels.
"And what of us, Albus? What of me and Ariana?" Aberforth rose from his seat at the table. "She is  in no fit state to move." Wands were drawn, no one knew Arianna had come downstairs and no one knew who fired the fatal spell.

Summer of 1903

It had been four years since the death of Arianna. Aberforth and Ria had only grown closer. The two had graduated from Hogwarts in June of 1900. With the wise Ravenclaw's help, Aberforth received top marks. He had come to love the girl and he told her so.
"Ria, I want you to know that I love you."
"Good, I love you Aberforth." It was sealed simply with a kiss. 

However, their love grew too fast and the DeGulls worried that their daughter was making the wrong choice. Unfortunately  they were right , in March of 104 the eighteen year old girl was pregnant.
"I'm disappointed  with you." Her father sighed. "We warned you the the Dumbledore boy might not be suitable."
"He did not ask for the horrors he lived." Ria placed a protective hand over her stomach. "Let us wed."
"No, you can visit your Aunt Hilda in the country until the baby is born."
"Mother no you can't do this." Tears began to fall.
"I can and I will and the child will be sent to America." Her mother decreed. "And that's it."