The Little One

Aunt Hilda's Country House

It was a quiet day, a broken one. Ria had not been able to say goodbye to Aberforth.
"Aunt Hilda, please just one owl." She begged.
"No. You've broken enough rules." She said. Winter turned to Spring  which turned to Summer. Day by day the little one grew stronger, "Soon, I promise." Ria whispered as the leaves turned colors, fall was upon them. 

November 9, 1904

To an outsider, the screams would inflict terror, to those who knew, the pain was justifiable punishment. For Ria, she only wished for her baby.
The tension shifted as the little one cried, Ria held him close, a little boy. "Oh Aurelius, Aurelius Dumbledore. She breathed.
Time went on and for a while Aurelius was loved and cared for. However, Aunt Hilda was beginning to grow tired of the child. She hated the joy and the fact her niece believed she would see Aberforth again. A horrid plan began to form, one that would break hearts and change the course of the future for good. 

January 11, 1905

"Goodnight my little Aurelius." Ria whispered. The baby cooed and nestled into his blanket. While the pair slumbered, Aunt Hilda stole in, never to right the wrongs but to wrong the rights.

******************************************

"Where is he?"
"Ria, you knew this day would come." Mrs. DeGull said.
"I didn't even get to say goodbye." Ria whispered as tears fell' "I'll never see him again." 
She apparated away from her parents only to find herself in front of Nurmengard Castle.
"Grindelwald." Ria breathed as the man appeared before her.
"Miss DeGull, quite the surprise." He smiled, "You're lost, afraid. Come everything shall be rightened." 
"I just want my son back, Aurelius." Ria choked back tears. 
"Aurelius..?" Grindelwald asked. 
"Aurelius Dumbledore." 

April 21, 1905

It had been over a year since Ria had left. Aberforth hardly knew of their child, was it a son or a daughter? The little one may be a year old or lost forever. Quietly he turned the key into the lock and entered a dingy old building The Hog's Head Inn, not what Aberforth might have named it but it would do. Aberforth pulled down the sheets in the windows and as light flew in, he realized just how unkept the place was. 
"Ria would know just what to do." He breathed blowing away the dust. Oh yes it would take time and strangely enough time was all that was needed.