Electing War

March 16, 1932 - Confederation of Wizards Election

It is time, the war has only just begun.
"Where are we going?" Aberforth asked.
"Eyrie, the kingdom of Bhutan. Everyone will be there." Ria sighed calming her nerves. "Pray tell he will be alright."
The kingdom was high in the clouds, a brilliant set of stairs led to the castle and the election. "How much longer?" Aberforth whispered to his brother. 

"Soon, the rest are ensuring the Qilin's safety. Albus nodded to Ria and she hurried off. Albus wanted her to speak with Grindelwald.
"Change." She muttered, her hair was such a frosty blonde cutting against striking, sharp ice blue eyes.
"Grindelwald." Ria called out as she reached the top. The cold yet brilliant man smiled, "Regalia, what a surprise."
"What you are doing is madness." 

He glared at her and shook his head. "You know nothing of madness." He spat. Grindelwald glanced up as Theseus, Lally, Yusuf, and Jacob came into view. The Dumbledore brothers and a blonde woman Ria didn't know joined the crowd. Newt appeared looking devastated as Anton Vogel stepped up to announce the election commencing. 

The Qilin that he held appeared grey and sickly. "Oh Grindelwald what have you done?" Ria held back her fear. 

"As every young witch and wizard knows, the Qilin is the purest century of the magical world." Vogel places the creature upon the ground. "The Qilin will now choose our next leader." 

Vicência Santos and Liu Tao glanced at each other when it passed them. It bowed in front of Grindelwald.
"The Qilin has seen good in Gellert Grindelwald. He is the leader of the magical world." Said Vogel as whispers rose. 

Newt hurried forward, "Wait that Qilin has been bewitched."
"Do you have any proof?" Grindelwald asked and Newt faltered, "Thought so."  

Grindelwald spotted Jacob next to the blonde. "Ah yes." He flicked his wand and his followers brought Jacob closer. "This is the muggle who tried to kill me. Grindelwald held the fake wand high above his head while the crowd rooted for Jacob's sentence. 

"Albus Dumbledore when I get a hold of you..." Ria muttered glancing at the man who just watched or so she thought. 

"This union, let them pollute our blood. They only seek to make us weaker." Grindelwald whispered one word, "Crucio."
"Jacob, Jacob!" The woman was in hysterics, "Make it stop, make it stop!" 

A new figure emerged, causing Albus to move to the opposite side of the stage. "He's lying to you." The boy was sickly, his dark shoulder length hair obscuring his pale skin and sunken eyes. "The Qilin is dead, Grindelwald bewitched it." He lost his balance and collapsed upon the stairs. Newt looked for Albus who looked to the boy. "Credence, I'm so sorry." 

Credence, the supposed name of... "Aurelius." It was him, Ria's son, her Aurelius. A well of emotions arose, hurt, anger, love and protection. 

Vogel scooped up the sick Qilin as another robed figure came forward. "What have you done Albus?" Ria asked herself, tense. She was waiting to strike, to hurt Grindelwald the way he hurt her family. She stopped and rethought this ream of violence for she would be no better than him and she was far better. 

"Jacob came to, "Jacob, oh honey are you alright?"
"Yeah, yeah, I'm alright Queenie dear."

"No one can know everything Newt."
"Bunty." Newt placed the case upon the ground. "There were twins that night." He opened the case to reveal a bright, healthy Qilin. 

"This is the true Qilin." Vogel announced as it died in his arms. Vicência Santos stepped forward, "The vote must be retaken." The second Qilin started for the crowd which revealed Albus.                  "Thank you, I'm quite touched. However I do think there is someone else here who is worthy much like there were two of you."
The Qilin turned to Santos and bowed. 

"Time has come." Ria whispered as cheers rose from the crowd. Aurelius stood up and Grindelwald casted a final spell. 

"No!" Three individuals sought to block the spell. Ria glanced at Aberforth and Albus who watched as the blood pact began to break.
The two were free at last to move against each other. Aberforth and Ria rushed to their son's side.