chapter 22~kill to survive

"Is the food here good?" I ask them.

"Yes, actually, it's pretty good; the food is fresh, so."

I'm not really hungry, So I just took some fries with ketchup and water.

I sit with Drake and wait for others to join, and when I look at what he's eating,

Damn, that's a lot of food.

"I know it a lot, but I play football," he said as if he were reading my mind.

"I didn't say anything." I defend myself.

"You didn't have to."

"So tell us, do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Maybe we don't judge," Molly says as she takes a seat.

"No" I shook my head.

"How many ex's?"

"None"

"Shut up, there's no way," she says being shocked.

"Why?" Rory asks.

"I don't know; I was never interested in dating."

"So one-time things?" James asks.

"Not that ether." I smiled and then saw Kenji. I mouthed, Wanna sit with us, but he ignored me.

"Saw someone you know?" Rory asks.

"Yeah, but he's fine on his own, I guess." I say disappointingly.

"Who?" Drake asks.

"His name is Kenji."

"Oh, the one who came with you that day?" Rory asked, and I nodded.

~~~

"How's school?" they ask.

"Great"

"Ugh, I can't with you." Theo wined.

"Believe it or not, I actually like studying; what about you? How's collage?"

"I don't go there." He confesses

"I thought you said..." I started to remember when I asked them what they all did, and theo said he was in collage.

"Yeah, we kind of lied; sorry, but I did give it a shot, but it's not my thing; I would rather do mafia stuff."

"What do you guys do there?" I ask.

"Oh well, it depends; different stuff each day. Yesterday,  me and Owen went to some guy's house and asked him to give us money that he owned. Oh,  and I don't mean a few dollars; I mean millions."

"So Owen doesn't do tattoos?"

"I do," Owen walks in, "I have my small shop."

"Oww that's nice."

"What is it?" Kenji walks in.

We haven't had a proper conversation in a while.

"Owen has his tattoo shop," I say.

"Oh yeah, I knew that."

Silence fills the room, and after a while, Owen and Theo leave, which means me and Kenji are alone.

"Did you do your homework?" I ask. I don't know how to start a conversation.

"I don't do those, and I have learned all of those two eyes ago, so"

"So you're 20?" I question.

"Yeah"

"When is your birthday?" I ask, and he avoids the question and few seconds later he asks the same.