•Maybe

*TRIGGER WARNING* - mentions of  ab*se and m*rd*r

________________________________

If Pierre had it his way , Ellie would have been in Belgium with him. Maybe she would have brought relief from all the pressure of the weekend.
But no , instead Pierre was stuck with his ex-girlfriend , Juliet Toussaint
What's so bad about that you ask?
Juliet had a very special way of making Pierre feel extra shitty. Whether is was pointing out that someone else had done better than him after a race or just straight up cheating on him , some of the lowest years of Pierre's life were spent with Juliet.
It was after he broke up with Juliet that he won in Monza and after that he swore he would stay as far away from her as possible for the rest of his days.
That wasn't going too well.
Juliet was back and she was adamant to stay for good this time , much to Pierre's dismay. Juliet was a nightmare to him.
The worst part about it?
Her father's company was considering coming on board as an Alpha Tauri sponsor , meaning Juliet was going to be around when Pierre thought he'd be able to catch a break.

His mother never understood what Pierre saw in her. When they first started dating , Juliet was rude and ignorant and very disrespectful to the Gasly family. Pascale told Pierre about how upset Juliet had made her feel , but when Pierre said it to Juliet she got upset and said the family had made her feel shitty.
It just wasn't very fun to be honest.
Pascale tried telling Pierre to call it off over and over again but the boy followed her around with heart eyes.
That was until he came home early from Spain and caught her with some random lad in her bed.
He ended it right there and then , and Pascale was never happier.

Pascale liked Ellie. She was a pretty girl with a beautiful singing voice and she looked good alongside her son. Charles had rang his mother from The Greek Islands while she and Pascale were getting lunch and told Pascale a bit more about Ellie. She seemed lovely and she looked beautiful in the pictures Pierre sent her - even if her skirt was a bit short.
She kept an eye on Ellie to see what she was up to. She was so delighted for the Irish girl when she heard about the unexpected birth of her nephew and couldn't wait for pictures of her meeting him
Pascale nearly went into cardiac arrest when she heard Juliet was back.
Like I said , not her favourite person.

Pierre came back 9th in Belgium , 11th in the Netherlands , and 8th in Monza and whilst those were good results , they weren't exactly the ones he wanted. Silly Season had started too with a shock retirement announcement from Sebastian Vettel , Alonso to Alpine and then a whole situation and a half with Oscar Piastri. It was looking like Mick Schumacher was out of a seat for next year and the grid was pretty certain that a particular Honey Badger wouldn't be making appearances either.
Pierre had decided to reach out and see , just check if anyone wanted him and they did. Alpine decided an All-French line-up was they way to go and Pierre would be lining up alongside childhood friend Esteban Ocon. Racing with Alpine meant Pierre could be closer to home a lot more often and it made him happy.
Anthoine would have been happy with his choice.
Pierre felt that it should have been Anthoine racing for Alpine instead of him or Esteban , but Anthoine couldn't do it so Pierre was doing it for him.
Pierre raced for him.
That contract announcement would be made until Suzuka however , so Pierre was keeping it under wraps for now.

No matter what happened though , Pierre get that Ellie was missing out. He kept thinking about how she would be so excited for him to be going to Alpine and how she would have loved to go to Monza because Pierre remembered her telling him once that it was her favourite track.
Juliet tried convincing him not to go to Alpine because she felt that Alpha Tauri were better and then told him that the Italian Grand Prix was boring and that his 8th place "should have been a lot better".
It was very clear to Pierre now why Pascale didn't like her.

Pierre saw Ellie every time he looked at his phone. Someone was either saying something about her on Twitter or she had gone to an event and it was up on Instagram or else she was on his TikTok , singing or posing 'Get Ready With Me's or whatever it was. Everytime he looked at his phone he saw her.
And he missed her.
He knew he fucked up by leaving the yacht before her and not texting her back but Juliet had thrown a real spanner in the works. All this trauma he got from her was resurfacing and he was honest , he was scared and avoided Ellie out of pure fear.
But he had come to realise that Ellie wasn't Juliet.
He couldn't punish Ellie for something she didn't do.
Maybe she could have helped.
Maybe she'd be his girlfriend now.

Maybe was the best word for what should have been.

Pierre noticed radio silence from Ellie after Singapore.
I say Pierre noticed , he saw fans getting worried about her on Twitter and TikTok and then they started speculating. Some were saying she was busy making more music , others were saying she was visiting her nephew , and others -
Others were saying her sister died?
Nah , that couldn't have been true , she was just visiting her nephew and taking the time to be in the moment. Pierre understood that and he respected it.

Nobody heard anything about or from Ellie until just before Hallowe'en , or the weekend of the Mexican Grand Prix.
Articles started circulating on the 29th of October , or quali day for some , with really horrible news about Ellie's private life.
Carmen saw them first.
Carmen saw an article while in George's drivers room and gasped. Her and Ellie still spoke regularly since the holiday and all of a sudden Ellie just disappeared off the face of the planet.
Carmen understood why now. She felt sick.
George , out of concern for his girlfriend , paused his warm-up when he heard her gasp and asked if she was okay , to which she turned her phone around and showed George.
And so George went and found Alex and told him about it.
Who in turn told Lily.
Who then went to Isa and Charlotte.
Who then went to Carlos and Charles.
Who then went to Pierre.

Pierre was with Pyry in his drivers room warming up when Charles burst in and told him they needed to talk. Pyry told Pierre he'd be back in two minutes to finish warming up and then they'd head to the garage to get ready for qualifying.

"Have you been talking to Ellie?" Charles asked once Pyry had closed the door.

"No? Why would I be talking to her?" Pierre asked.

"Have you looked at your phone at all today?"

"Not really , I was on my phone this morning but that was about it" Pierre answered.
"Why? What's happened?"

"Ellie's in Australia" Charles told him.

"Okay?" Pierre said , confused as to why Charles had to burst into his room to tel him that.
"What's the big deal?"

"Sit down and read this" Charles told him , before pulling the article up on his phone and giving it to Pierre.

Breaking!: Scott Murray , fiancé to Aishling Ryan (sister to singer Ellie Ryan , pictured above) , has been arrested by Australian Police in Adelaide on suspicion of Murder and Domestic Violence.

"What the fuck?"