•Hello Everybody

Ellie had never had a more successful day at the office.
Even though she was well over 2 hours late , she got more work done than she could possibly imagine and the song sounded really really good.
She even got to meet Tiësto today who told her that the song was called "10:35".

Her commute back to Carmen and George's apartment made her nervous. All of the drivers there knew what happened with her sister and she dreaded the thought of them walking on eggshells around her because nobody knew what to say. She thought of Jax , was he okay? Did he have a good day? Was he okay with all the drivers being around all of a sudden? Was Carmen okay after her day? She'd have to get a small token to say thank you for looking after him.

Ellie was so engrossed in thought that before she knew it , she was standing right outside Carmen's door , waiting to be let in.

"Look who's here!" Carmen said to Jax who was comfortably perched on her hip with a smile on his face.
Phew , he was okay.

"Awh hi big man! I missed you!" Ellie greeted him , taking him back from Carmen and engulfing him in a hug.

"Come on in" Carmen welcomed , moving from the doorway to let Ellie in to her's and George's shared apartment.
"How was your day?"

"It was good thank you!" she replied , sparing Carmen the details of the commute that felt l light years long and the collaboration that wouldn't be released for another few weeks "How was yours?"

"Good! I have major baby fever now and George is not entertaining it" she laughed , making Ellie laugh too.
"You can drop your bag here if you like" she showed her.
"Everyone is in the sitting room if you want to go and say hi"

"That's perfect Carmen thank you so much" Ellie said , dropping her bag in the apartment kitchen and walking over to greet the other guests in the sitting room with Jax still comfortably on her hip and Carmen in pursuit.

"Hello everybody" Ellie immediately internally cringed at her greeting , she sounded so awkward and felt it too.

"Ellie!" Lily jumped of her chair and ran to reunite with her summer friend , hugging her and the baby in her arms gently.
"Ugh I missed you so much!"

Ellie had never been grateful for someone to be so normal.

"I missed you to" she replied hugging back.
"How have you been?"

"All the better now you're here , our girl group has dwindled down to three" Lily said , pulling back from the hug and reminding Ellie that Lando and Luisa and Charles and Charlotte had broken up.
Maybe couples with name alliteration aren't meant to be.
"How have you been?" Lily asked sincerely.

But all Ellie could here was pity.
And if it wasn't it damn well sounded like it.
Nevertheless , she brushed it off and gave her usual answer.

"As good as I can be" she chuckled , Lily smiling at that answer.
"Have you met my nephew Jax?"

"Oh girl , let me show you" Lily laughed , taking out her phone.
"Every time a driver came in they saw Jax and they were like "Who here kept a secret for a while?" and the excitement when they heard it was Jax was unmatched" she told Ellie , making her laugh.
"Look I got a video of Daniel"

Ellie saw the Aussie enter the sitting room to see Carmen feeding Jax on an armchair opposite from where he was standing. He stopped in the middle of his waving and greeting and his jaw hit the floor , making Ellie laugh. He then looked between Carmen and George before pointing at Carmen and asking George if he and Carmen "actually had a baby and told nobody?", making Ellie burst out laughing.

"In my defence , I didn't know you were coming and when I got here Carmen was sitting with a baby nestled up on her chest! What was I meant to think?" Daniel stood up from the couch , defending his earlier blunder before making his way over to Ellie to introduce himself.
"Nice to meet you"

"Hi Daniel , I'm Ellie and this is Jax" she shook his hand and earned a laugh from their audience that included Carmen , George , Alex , Lily , Lando and Charles.
"It's nice to meet you too"

"Pleasure is all mine"

"I hope you missed us too" Lando told Ellie from the sofa as he , Alex , Charles and George stood up to greet the Irish girl with a hug.

"Awh how could I not?" she asked with a laugh before hugging each of them and taking a seat in one of the armchairs.
"So , what's the goss?"

"No news , what have you been up to?" Lando asked , genuinely curious to know what Ellie had been up to.

"Not much" she lied. She had a load of projects lined and a load of projects practically ready for release.
"I was late cause I had to finish a little something in the studio , Tiësto approached me with a club song and I said why not. Finished it today!"

"Awh that's amazing!" George told her.
"Do we get a listen?" he laughed.

"You wish" she joked back.
"No seriously , I would let ye but I didn't even record it myself!"

"Awh that's what they all say" Alex retaliated sarcastically , earning a laugh from the group.

"Do you want something to drink?" Carmen asked Ellie , she hadn't had anything since she came in.

"No you're fine , thanks Carmen" Ellie answered.
"Actually , where's your bathroom? I was in such a hurry to get here before it was too late that I couldn't go in the studio"

"That's no problem" Carmen laughed.
"It's just in the hall on your way out of the apartment , it's on the right"

"Thank you so much" she said , standing up and realising she still had Jax on her hip.
"Anyone want a baby for 5 minutes?"

"ME!" Lily shouted as she jumped from her seat on the floor to grab a chance to cuddle with the newborn.

The group watched Ellie leave to the bathroom after being replaced on the armchair by Lily and the moment the door of the bathroom was heard to close and lock they turned to look at each other again , wondering who of them would be the first to address the elephant in the room.
Ellie.

"She seems to be okay" Daniel said quietly , still fearing that she would hear him.

"She does" George agreed.
"She looks like she's adjusted fairly well"

"She said to me when she came in that she was going as good as she could be" Lily told them.
"I don't think she's wrong"

Meanwhile , Ellie had done her business and was staring at herself in the mirror after washing her hands. She was proud of herself. After months of dreading socialising and refusing to socialise with anyone that wasn't family or a producer at the studio , she willingly agreed to come to a get together and meet with people again. And it was off to a good start!

Deciding that she had spent long enough praising herself , Ellie emerged from the bathroom only for a knock to be heard from the door into the apartment. Figuring that she was closest , Ellie shouted to Carmen and George that she would answer it and made her way open to let the next guest in.

And who else was standing on the other side of the door only - you guessed it - Pierre Gasly.

"Ellie"