|03|: Threat/دھمکی

"خیریت نہیں پوچھتا خبر رکھتا ہے
سنا ہے وہ شخص مجھ پر نظر رکھتا ہے"
_______________________________

The wind blew coolly as the soft breeze wafted past, waving his hair so softly. His dark eyes dotted at nothing in particular as he gazed at the dark blue open sky. His stance was stiff. Muscles stiffened and fists balled. Only he knew what was going on in his mind. His eyes were gazing the dark sky, but his mind was focused on something else entirely. Something he chose to keep to himself only.

A knock interuppted his messed up thoughts as he finally craned his neck to see the house-help

"Sahab apko bare Sahab bula rehe ha"

(Sir, the Master is calling you)

Hammad nodded his head at her and the woman left without any question. The man finally sighed and left his room. He walked down the stairs and stopped suddenly when he heard that melodious sound. Taking cautious steps towards the kitchen, he saw his world there. His wife, his Zainab was laughing at something his sister said to her. His heart bloomed seeing the owner of his heart. Her laugh was the sound he craved to hear. He cherishes her like a man should do his woman. His eyes noticed every single feature of her while she was busy laughing to her hearts content. The way her eyes crinkle, the way she always keeps a hand on her chest whenever she laughs like this. The way her nose scrunched in disgust. He noticed it all.

And that's why he chose to stay silent. He can never see her sad or worried or depressed. He doesn't know if what's he's doing is right or not, but if he has to do it just for the sake of his family and his woman, he would do it in a heartbeat. He will not stand by and let someone hurt his family.

He quietly went to his father's study who was sitting on his solid brown coloured revolving chair reading something off a file.

"You called me Baba". His father nodded at him and told his elder son to take a seat.

"I've heard about the Noorie project". Hammad sighed and shook his head at his father.

"I don't know why he's making a big deal out of it anyway." The old eyes of the man ran over his son's composure. He could sense something was off. His son is the most calm person he has ever known. He rarely gets angry and barely losses his temper. In contrast to him, his younger brother is the one who is reckless and take decisions on impulse.

Subhan is the raging sea

Hammad is the calm river

Subhan is thunder

Hammad is rain

Subhan is a warrior

Hammad is a leader

"Beta is everything fine?" Owais can't help, but ask. The dark eyes of the young man darted toward his father's old one. He easily made out the worry and concern in them and that's what he feared. Clearing his throat, he rubbed his temples and assured his father

"I'm fine Baba. Just stressed." Owais can't help, but let his fatherly care win over his business man stance.

"It's okay son. Go and take a rest."

He nodded and left his father's study. He bumped into his mother and she looked at her son concernedly

"Bacche kiya haal bana liya ha tumne apna? Kitne thake huwe lag rehe hu."

(Dear what have you done to yourself. You seem so knackered)

He smiled very little at his mother and said