|05|: Mourn/سوگ

"جن کے جانے سے جان جاتی تھی،
ہم نے انکو بھی جاتے دیکھا ہے"
_______________________________

"جن کے جانے سے جان جاتی تھی،ہم نے انکو بھی جاتے دیکھا ہے"_______________________________

Zainab paced the hallway as she tried to call her husband's phone. Worry was etched onto her features. Hands were shaking while mind was buzzing with all sorts of the worst scenarios.

"Did he attend?" Narmeen asked. Her voice was as concerned as Zainab was.

"No Khala." Zainab said restless. Narmeen hissed and started reciting on her tasbeeh again. The whole Durrani family was there in the common hall waiting for their eldest son. It's been the entire day since he was gone. He left about ten in the morning as he was due some work. 12 hours have passed since his departure. None have received his call or any kind of message. Zainab was restless as she tapped her foot continously on the floor. Her phone was plastered on her ears waiting to hear his sweet melodious voice.

"Zainab pareshan na hu. Hammad ajayega Ghar."
(Zainab don't worry. Hammad will come home)

She shook her head. Tears had started to cascade down her cheeks. Her body broke into sobs as she said through her cries

"He always calls me." Mehreen came forward and hugged her. Natalia was weeping silently in her grandmother's lap. The door opened and entered Owais.

"What happened? You heard of him?" Narmeen asked immediately. Her worry was getting higher and higher as she saw the slow shake of her husband's head. Finally she broke loose and started crying. It was getting out of hand. He was never the careless one. He always managed to tell if he was going to be late or something.

Owais looked at everyone's condition and reassured

"He must have been stuck in some work. We are yet to hear from Subhan." Somehow that calmed everyone down. The hope that once seemed to die down, regenerate again. Maybe Owais was right. Subhan will find him. He will get him back.

He has to.
~~~~~~~~~~

It was one in the morning now. There were no calls from either Subhan or Hammad. The night was rolling around. Mehreen and Natalia have accompanied Zainab to her room. She was hysteric. Rehmat Bibi found it best to let her rest. But she was here, with Narmeen, Bahar and Owais and Waheed. Bahar looked at her husband and said

"Call Subhan." Waheed nodded his head and dialed his number. However, they didn't need to wait for him to pick up as he himself entered through the doors. His hair were disheveled. Shirt had wrinkled all over. Pants were dusty. Face devoid of any emotion.

Stoic and emotionless.

Narmeen ran to him and asked
"Where is Hammad?"

She asked him. He glanced at his mother. She was crying. Her eyes had turned red and swollen. She looked so tired. He shifted his eyes to his father. His father stood tall, but he didn't fail to see the worry he buried behind his strong composure. He closed his eyes not knowing what to say.