|49|: Harmony/ہم آہنگی

The moment felt surreal

The moment felt surreal. Almost unbelievable. The rush of excitement and nerves were moving down Safa's body. As she looked at her reflection in the mirror, a tremor of emotions washed through her. She was dressed as a bride.

Subhan's bride. Her husband's bride.

Her makeup was done by some professional artist sent by her in laws. Her hair were combed into a beautiful complex bun. A beautiful white flowered garland was wrapped around her bun. Heavy jewelery supported her neckline and ears. Bridal bangles were covering her wrists. A matha patti adorned her forehead. Her red lehenga and choli was a designer piece costing hundreds of thousands. She almost refused to wear a dress of this much price, but she was unable to hold her argument in front of her in laws. They were adamant that she deserves the best of the dresses for her big day. Typical rich people!

Her makeup was done a bit loud as her dress was bold. Her eyes were filled with kohl and soft brownish eye shadow coloured her eyelids. Her lips were painted red. Her hands were adorned with henna. The design was intricate. Unique and completely to her liking.

As she gazed at her aromatic hands, a rush of emotions washed through her. A feeling of gratitude consumed her. Gratitude for her Lord for rewarding her with the best of husband. All that situation with Pasha, she never would have imagined in her wildest dreams that she would be given this opportunity to feel these moments of getting married to her likeable person. But her hard days have passed. Although, she'll face loads of them in the foreseeable future, but with the right person, she has complete faith that she'll overcome them.

Because what's life without a little chaos.

A knock sounded in her room before the door creaked open revealing her mother. Rafiqa Begum was dressed in a cream coloured saree. Tears gathered in her waterline at the sight of her daughter clad in a bridal jora. No one knows what goes in a mother's heart seeing her only daughter getting married.

"Bht haseen lag rehi hu, Meri Shehzadi."
(You look so beautiful, My Princess)

A strangled sob released Safa's lips. Seeing her mother cry made her want to tear up too. But she held in her tears.

"I'll miss you."

Safa whispered. She hasn't been home in so long, but the fact that she's leaving this home after getting married is a different level of emotional rollercoaster.

"I know. But you'll be happy. He really loves you, Safa."

Safa's heart blossomed at hearing her mother's remark. A natural blush automatically coating her cheeks amid coats of artificial hues.

"Come on, we should leave."

Pressing a kiss to her daughter's forehead, she helped her going down the stairs. At the threshold of stairs, was standing Hamza. Dressed in an off white kurta with a brown waist coat, he would surely be breaking hearts.