Four

It's Friday, two days after Liam had went to Ember's. His parents haven't brought the situation up since. Of course that didn't mean anything. Knowing them they could bring it up a year from now acting like it was the day before.

Paige, Ember and him were all sitting outside for lunch today. Liam wasn't feeling well. The thought of food made him feel more sick than normal for some reason. Paige must've sensed this because she asked if they wanted to ditch lunch today and sit outside. They all agreed. So, here they are, sitting in the grass out by the back of the school.

Paige was plucking grass up and throwing it lightly at Ember. Em wasn't phased by this at all. She smiles and starts to speak.

"You guys wanna hang out this weekend? We could go swimming."

"Swimming where?" Liam raised his eyebrows.

"My neighbors have one of those in ground pools" Ember says. "It's really nice."

"You're allowed to bring your friends over there to swim?" Liam couldn't help the question. Sneaking into her neighbors' yard to swim seems like something she would do.

"Yeah. Their son, Javier, is friends with Ian and I. He usually swims with us."

"Oh." Liam nods slowly. "I suppose I could probably get away. Tomorrow?"

"Sure!" Ember smiles brightly and moves her eyes to Paige. "Will you be able to?"

"Uh." Paige looks in thought, her hand pausing its movements on the grass. "I guess. I might not have a ride."

"I can pick you up." Liam says simply. She doesn't have to ask and he doesn't have to think about it. She smiles at him kindly.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." Liam says quietly. Ember smiles at both of them.

"So it's agreed? My house tomorrow?"

They both nod. Liam rests back on his hands, his legs stretched out in front of him. "What time should I be there?"

"Any time really works. My parents don't really care when friends come over as long as they don't come super early and are loud."

"Oh okay." Liam nods and turns to Paige. "When should I pick you up?"

Paige shrugs. "Any time I guess. Just text me when you leave your house so I can get ready."

"Alright." Liam nods.

"Cool." Ember smiles. "Ian will be there but I don't know if anyone else will be. Well, Javi probably."

Liam nods. He swallows down his nerves. It would be okay. He remembers what Paige said in the car on Wednesday. This could be good for him.

"As long as they're cool I'll be okay."

Ember smiles. "They'll be cool. Javi is nice and you've already met Ian."

"But if you get bad vibes just let us know and we can go chill in Em's room or something." Paige butts in. Ember quickly nods in agreement.

Liam lets out a small sigh of relief. "Thank you guys, seriously."

"Don't thank us Li. We'd be awful friends if we let you be uncomfortable." Paige states simply.

He smiles at both of them. He wants to thank them again but feels like that would be the wrong thing to say. Especially after Paige just told him not to.

"Do you think Mrs Fritz fails me because she hates me?" Ember asks into the air omce it gets quiet. She lays on her back and looks up at the sky in thought.