Thirty-three

They decided that they would be taking two cars. Chris and Paige would be in Chris's since she had to be home Sunday. Ian, Liam, Lucas, Ember, Javi, and Izzy would all cram in Ian's. This decision was only made like that because Lucas and Liam were already at Ian's house and Javi is right next door. Izzy was added into the mix because of Ember deciding so and nobody questioning it.

So now, Liam is stuck in the middle seat up front between Ian and Lucas as they drive. They just picked Izzy up and are now heading to the rock quarry. He has to admit, he's pretty excited.

"Can we please listen to something else?" Ember asks as another rap song plays. Lucas shakes his head in the passenger seat.

"Nope. My music is superior." As if to show her he's serious, he turns it up some. Liam cringes at the loudness. The music itself he doesn't mind but the volume hurts his ears.

Seeing his reaction, Ian reaches over and turns it down. Lucas looks between the two before deciding not to argue.

As Ian's hand comes down from the volume dial on the radio, it stops to rest on Liam's thigh. Immediately, he tenses up at the surprise. Although, shortly after, he relaxes again.

Lucas mumbles something about 'being whipped' before turning his head to look out the window. Ember seems to hear because she laughs in the backseat. Izzy looks confused while Javi can't even hear them because he has headphones on.

Ian doesn't seem to protest this, his thumb rubbing small circles into the fabric of Liam's shorts. It's comfortable and causes a small blush to rise onto Liam's face. The rest of the drive is spent with Lucas jamming to his songs, Ember and Izzy playing games together on Ember's phone, and Ian's hand on Liam's thigh.

It wasn't necessarily a long drive. A good forty five minutes and they pull up onto a gravel road, following it through some trees. Finally, they park in a big circle made out of gravel that must be what is supposed to be the parking lot for this place.

"Come on." Ian smiles at Liam, patting his thigh and getting out of the car. Lucas climbs out at the same time.

Javi, Izzy, and Ember all get out as Liam does. Liam stands and surveys their surroundings while Javi and Lucas make their way to the back of the car.

"We're gonna start setting up." Lucas calls out. Just as they open the trunk, Chris and Paige pull up.

"Alright, I'm gonna show Liam around." Ian calls out and after receiving a nod from Lucas, he grabs Liam's pinky and leads him away.

After the initial tug, Ian drops his hand. Liam frowns at the lack of physical contact. He no longer cares about their friends seeing, he already plans on telling Paige and Ember sometime later. So, he reaches over and grabs Ian's hand.

As soon as he does, all the confidence leaves him. Just as his hand is slipping away, Ian grabs it too and interlocks their fingers. The brown eyed boy shoots a smile at Liam and then tugs him along, climbing up a little hill of rocks.

There's trees even on the dam of the lake but it's pretty. The water seems kind of clean, it's a blueish green color and not terribly muddy. Ian walks Liam around the dam, showing him where they set up tents.

There's a lot of litter scattered around. Not an excessive amount but every few steps there's a beer can laying on the ground or some fishing tackle. Other than that, it isn't terrible. Liam finds it pretty.

They get on the other side of the dam and Ian peeks over, checking through the trees to see if anyone is close by. Once he sees there isn't he looks back at Liam. "No one can see us. Is it okay if I kiss you?"