Twenty-four

Thursday and Friday night there had been no sign of Ian. Liam hadn't heard from him or seen him. Not that he was bothered by that.

Then, Saturday at nine thirty Liam's phone pings. He very rarely gets texts. Paige and Ember are the only people he texts and they usually tell him everything they need to at school.

Liam reaches over to his bedside table, not moving to sit up in bed. He grabs the phone and pulls it over to himself. Ian's name pops up and Liam feels himself smile for some reason.

He clicks his phone off, a small grin playing on his lips

He clicks his phone off, a small grin playing on his lips. He looks back at his laptop. He had been watching an old classic movie.

With a small smile he clicks play again. His shoulders don't feel so tense anymore. His eyes don't burn as badly as they did before.

It takes another hour before he hears tapping at the window. At that point he had already finished his movie. Liam smiles, sitting up.

He walks over and opens the window. Ian slips in easily. He stands in front of the window and smiles at Liam. Liam smiles right back, feeling happy.

"You wanna do anything?" Ian asks, leaning back against the windowsill.

"Like what?" Liam raises his eyebrows.

"I don't know, anything. We could do anything from watching a movie to arson. I'm down for anything." Ian says, laughing as he does. Liam smiles a little.

"I guess we can do something. I don't know about arson though." That makes Ian chuckle a little. "I think I'd be happy just watching a movie or like going for a walk."

"We can go for a walk." Ian grins. "I like walking."

Liam laughs lightly. Ian seems in a good mood. "Okay."

"Get a jacket though, it's going to be chilly."

Liam nods and begins walking to the closet. He pauses though when he sees red cloth folded up on his desk.

He pauses and instead picks up the yellow and red hoodie. He pulls it over his head quickly and turns back to Ian.

Ian's smiling a lot wider than he was before. Liam's stomach feels weird and he smiles too.

"C'mon, let's go."

Getting out his window was a lot easier this time around. Liam still hadn't gotten the hand of it but it was easier. Both boys make their way down the tree and onto the ground.

"Where are we gonna go?" Liam starts walking alongside Ian, staying just a step behind so he can follow.

"I don't know honestly." Ian shrugs simply. "I just thought a walk could be nice."

"I guess." Liam smiles a little. He's feeling significantly better than he was a few hours ago.

A comfortable silence settles over them. Liam follows Ian as he walks down the street. Since they're still on Liam's street the houses are a bit more spaced out and most of them have walls as entrances. Even the street lamps look fancy over here.