Seven

After swimming they watched a movie or two, all curled up on the couches. Liam had went and got his change of clothes out of his car to be more comfortable. Izzy and Ember had cuddled on the sofa while Paige, Liam, and Ian took the couch. After lunch, which Iris had made for them since Ember's mom was at work and Ian's dad was out with some buddies, Liam and Paige went home.

Liam arrived home at a little past two and went inside. It wasn't silent but it wasn't loud. The only noise was the faint sound of his mother cursing at the maid in the living room.

He felt bad for the woman but used the distraction as a way to run up to his room. He shut the door behind him and fell onto the bed. Oh how he hated being home on the long weekend days.

Today had been good. He had fun. Now though, he's back home. He dislikes being home yet that's where he is most of the time.

He ends up watching a classic movie and then reading a little bit of a book. It's not the greatest afternoon, he'll admit, but it isn't bad. What's bad is the feeling of dread pooling in his stomach as seven o'clock gets closer.

"William." Fern's soft voice appears outside of his bedroom door after two quiet knocks interrupted his movie. The maid slowly opens his door and looks at him with a small smile. "Your mother requests your presence. It's almost dinner time."

Liam can't stop the sigh that rakes through his body. "Okay. Thank you."

She nods once and walks off, shutting his door softly behind her. Liam has always liked their maid. She's worked there since he was ten and is a kind, quiet woman. Such a shame she has to put up with his mother snapping at her all the time.

He stands up and looks over himself. He's in a T-shirt that's collar is stretched and dark plaid pajama pants. He knows he should change before going down for dinner. He knows his mother won't be happy with him appearing in such attire. He knows but doesn't care because he's too damn tired right now to change.

He goes down the stairs slowly, in no rush to see his parents. When he reaches the floor he looks over and to his right he spots his parents. His mother is on a chair that's made of light pink fabric and has gold stitches and accents. It's hideous in Liam's opinion but is expensive, hence why his mother has it. His father is on the brown leather chair that looks slightly more normal.

Liam walks in the living room and sits down on the sofa. It's not the most comfortable but it's soft so he'll take it. The fabric is a soft blue that would be pretty if it weren't for the gold stitches that match his mother's pink chair.

"Good evening Will." His father smiles at him and takes another drink of his scotch. Of course. He has to be drinking to smile.

"Good evening." Liam speaks back, his voice even and flat.

"You're wearing that?" His mother speaks for the first time, her eyes raking over his clothes. He knew she wouldn't like them.

"I'm tired and they're comfortable, Mother." He says, keeping the cool expression.

She opens her mouth to say something but stops. Instead it ends up being his father to say something. He chuckles and then speaks, "Let the boy be. I sometimes wish to wear my robes to dinner for the same reason."

Liam is glad he didn't. Even though he smiles at the man. His father smiles back and Liam wonders how much he's had to drink tonight.

"Where were you today?" His mother says, making Liam realize this wasn't going to be a casual conversation. Of course it isn't. It's going to be a lecture. As always.

"I was swimming." Liam says simply, keeping his voice calm and cool. "With some friends."

"Swimming?" His mother looks like she doesn't believe him. "Where? I was at the club for tea and didn't see you."