16. 💚

BSD REALITY / THE BACKROOMS

My savior picked me up and rushed me over their shoulder. Instantly, we got further away from the creature. Whoever this was, they were fast. After further inspection of the person, I figured it to be a boy, one that looked older than me. After turning one last corner, we ended up in another little room. He put me down eventually, in the corner. From there, we both took a seat awkwardly.

"Are you okay?" The boy asked, frantically. I nodded. Although, my heart still leaped out of my chest continuously. My body was dehydrated and the shallow breaths, that could only vaguely be heard, weren't helping. the boy pulled me into a loose hug. His shaking arms wrapped around me as he let me bury my head into his black shirt. Maybe I was too trusting, but he was the only person I'd seen since being here, and he saved me from the creature.

"You're safe now, I won't let that monster touch you." His voice was immediately stricter. From the tone, I could tell he was determined. It was alike Tanizaki's when we got taken by the Port Mafia.

"Thank you," I mumbled softly. A slight smile grew on his face, and he squeezed me tight for a second before letting me go. The warmth of his body still radiated around me.

"No problem, let's stick together," He shuffled around on the ground, before leaning back onto the moist wall behind him. I smiled at him, and nodded firmly. The boy wrapped his arm around my shoulders, and soon enough we both had our eyes closed. It felt good to finally relax a bit more. With this boy around, I could let my guard down. He would protect me from the big creature, so there was nothing to worry about.

💚

It had been a while since the two of us dozed off, at least I thought it had been. Without any sunlight or windows anywhere around, there really was no way to tell. Maybe if we explored more we'd find a clock somewhere, but there was a low chance. This place was completely plain and run-down. It looked like an abandoned office building, without the offices, and with some weird monsters.

"Hey, are you awake?" The boy whispered. He was sitting next to me, his arm still wrapped around me. I nodded in response, yet again.

"Well, I'd love to get to know you. I mean we don't even know each others names!" He chuckled and nudged my side with his elbow.

"Okay. What is your name?" I asked, looking up into his eyes. They were a soft brown, nice and welcoming.

"My name is Carlos, Carlos Ringer, and you?" He returned the favor.

"My name is Y/N L/N," I replied.

"That is such a pretty name! So, how did you end up here?" His compliment made my cheeks turn a bright pink. I looked down quickly, not wanting to draw any attention to it.

"Well..." I thought about it for a couple seconds, "Would you like to hear the long story or short story?" I asked.

"The long one please, we have plenty of time." Taking a deep breath, I started to explain the whole story.

"It all started with the big earthquake at my home town." His eyes widened in shock.

"Wait, the (towns name) earthquake?" He interrupted my speech, but I still nodded, "I heard of that on the news!" It was now my turn to be shocked. He signaled at me to continue, so I did just that.

"After the earthquake, a creepy guy broke into my house, and took me away to his lab. The name of this man was Sir Alastor, he also had a sidekick named Ivan. I was stuck at their lab for weeks, before he put me in a machine that teleported me far away. I ended up in the middle of a road, and this tall man saved me. From then on, he has taken care of me. Also, in that place I got teleported to, they have abilities. Abilities are like magical powers, and I have one too. Anyway, I don't know exactly how long ago, but Dazai, the man who was taking care of me, got arrested. His friend, Chuuya, had to take me instead. So, I was under his care. One day I went exploring around the building Chuuya worked in, and I saw a random door. I peeked in the door, and this place was here," Taking a huge sigh, I looked back up to Carlos.It was hard to read his emotions, I couldn't tell what he was thinking about.

"You- You also got kidnapped by Sir Alastor?" He stuttered out. What did he mean by also? Had Carlos also been taken by that creepy guy, by Sir Alastor. If he had, that would be just as scary as when I did. That also meant, he got teleported. Did he get teleported here? Was this another place he sent people like me? Yet, how could I be here? Maybe it's a glitch in Sir Alastor's system, and if so, there might be a way to get home!

"I did. I was his test subject 2528." My eyes flickered down as I pushed away the terrible memories of those weeks.

"You were? I was test subject 2529. He always talked about you when I was there! I think he gave up hope for trying to get you back when your machine broke down, meaning he doesn't know your alive right now. Maybe if we can signal it to him, he can help us both get home." A spark of hope filled up the both of us with joy. Finally, a way to get out of this mess.

"How would we signal to him?" I asked. He thought for a while, going over all the possibilities.

"We could... We could try escape! I saw some parts of a ladder while exploring a bit ago. Then, recently, I saw a vent, up near the ceiling. Maybe if we can get all the ladder parts, we can make it to the vent and escape. I think," Carlos rambled on. It did sound like a good idea. Yet, how do we know Sir Alastor can see us? He did do a lot of experiments, so maybe one of them put a tracker in my system, or let cameras spot me. If this did work, it would mean going home. Home to my family, as Sir Alastor promised.

"We should try it. Although, what will we do about the creature?"

"I've outrun it a few times, even with you. So, it will be easy for us to get away again. I said I wouldn't let that monster touch you, and I'll keep that promise for as long as we are here," He smiled at me, before standing up and brushing off the dust he'd gathered. Following his actions, Carlos extended his hand out and helped me up too.

"Alright, Let's go!" I returned the smile, then the both of us started our adventure through the yellow maze. My fingers traced along the moist wallpaper, a slight scraping sound coming from it. Some of the design was ripped off, leaving a rotting wall. Our steps left faint footsteps in the damp carpet, like a trail of breadcrumbs. The smell was nothing like breadcrumbs, it was more of a mouldy smell.

Carlos and I were both quite silent during the exploration, only peeping up about interesting things a couple times during our trip. The buzzing of the lights was now something we were both, unfortunately, used to. At least that monster hadn't seen us again.

"Oh Y/N! Look, I found a piece of the ladder!" He bent down slightly to pick it up, gripping it in his hand.

"Finally," I sighed. Before we continued, he stuffed the ladder piece under his arm.

"So, Y/N, how old are you? If you don't mind me asking." He slowed down for me to catch up, then we winded through a weird hallway.

"I am 6! What about you?" I held my fingers up for him, showing 6 of them.

"I'm 12." Wow, so he was like, an old kid! Warmth rushed through my veins as we continued our walk. Him being so much older calmed me, my mind feeling at ease. 

The two of us trotted on at our own pace, not once bumping into the dark creature. Finally, we made it back to a small room similar to the first, one to rest. That day we only got one part of a ladder, but it was a start. Carlo's slumped down, falling to the damp floor. I followed his actions, and leaned my head against his arm. Everything fell silent from then. Only the sound of his shallow breathes could be heard, and a slight shuffle every few minutes. 

My body started to tingle after what seemed like an hour, it felt as light as a feather. My hand's went numb, and before I could even look down at my figure, an odd sound screeched from my stomach. Once I finally got the confidence to lift up my shirt and take a peek, my jaw dropped. Quiet gasps left my mouth, yet no loud sound. I held those in, just incase the monster was near. Although numb, I managed to lift my hands and nudge Carlos a few times. 

"Carlos! Help!" I whisper-shouted. He jolted forward and immediately laid his eyes on me. Then, by lifting my shirt up a bit, he saw what was happening. 

"Oh god! What is going on?" A panicked look struck his soft face. 

A/N - This took me sooo long to write, I had exams in the middle of it all... Finally it's finished, hope you enjoyed <3 

I wanna get more then 50 votes before I post the next chapter, but we'll see!