13 | Chapter

"... a library on the third floor, and the gym is..."

I never asked for the grand tour! Just lead me to the damn doctor!

Tobias heaved deep breaths to calm down before he got himself too worked up to do so. Although Chase was currently pacified, his own emotions seemed to have been heightened in the process. Going from indifference to suddenly becoming highly sensitized to every little thing, was beyond overwhelming. It was a miracle that his mind was still functioning under all the emotional overload.

You're fine, Chase assured. Just work through your emotions one at a time, instead of thinking about them as a whole. Now, why are you getting riled up?

Because I'm frustrated.

And why are you frustrated?

Because I'm annoyed!

Uh, those two technically mean the same thing, but I can work with that. And why ar-

Cause this fucking werewolf won't shut up!

Felix caught up to his advancing figure into the mansion, and seamlessly fell into place beside him. Then he began to point out all the features of the place, right down to the many, many inhabitants of it they came across. Their family background, friends, rivals... the list was endless. Even the most insignificant of detail, tumbled right out of the guy's mouth. At first, it'd been thoughtful, but it quickly grew irritating as it moved on to the people's backstories.

People that meant nothing to him, and would probably never mean anything to him.

Then tell him, Chase urged. Tell Felix what you feel, don't hold it back anymore. Let him know what's bothering you.

"Felix," Tobias started, instantly gaining the attention of the nuisance in question. Felix finally shut his mouth, and turned to him with an oddly... innocent expression. Yet somehow, the emotion wasn't exactly off-putting, instead almost suiting him. This six foot tall, dark and handsome stranger was giving Tobias the puppy dog eyes.

He looks... weirdly... endearing.... said Chase distractedly.

"Just, lead me to the doctor, okay?" Tobias very nearly begged him. Surprise, surprise, Felix turned cherry red, moving his head in a jerky nod. From then onwards, he glided across the hallways as silent as the dead. Tobias instantly felt bad about it, but did nothing to change it, only followed close behind.

Someone's moody... what happened to being frustrated with his rambling? I thought it was cute that he was trying to make us more comfortable in this foreign territory. He kind of settled my own nerves from being around so many new wolves. It can get rather, intimidating.

Tobias sighed quietly, eyes fixated on the boy walking just a hair in front of him to lead the way. I think his talking wasn't really what bothered me so much.

You think? Chase said sarcastically. You're stressed, Tobias. Any sane person would be, considering the circumstances. Don't take it out on him.

You're the one who told me to tell him!

That's different! You didn't know what was-

"We're here."

They'd stopped outside a plain wooden door that looked just like all the others, with the exception of the red cross on a white background sign hanging on it. The first-aid symbol. When he'd gotten Tobias' attention, Felix reached out a muscular arm to turn the doorknob and swing the door inwards on it's hinges.

The door opened up into a room that closely resembled a hospital ward, but obviously smaller in size. About ten beds were lined up against the walls, five on either side. Each with it's own mini bedside table. At the other end of the room were two doors. Felix started for the one on the left, his strides long and difficult to keep up with, yet Tobias somehow managed to do so.