- 22: Are You Gonna Hurt Me? -

Izuku feels like his soul is going to race out of his throat. His palms are sweaty and no matter how many times he wipes them on his pants, they just won't stay dry. He glances at his mom walking next to him as they approach Bakugo's house. 

Her eyes are focused on the road, but Izuku sees the excitement and joy in her eyes. He turns away. He can't ask her if it's too late to turn back. Shes so excited about seeing Mitsuki and Masaru again, so Izuku will just hold his tongue. 

Izuku sees the house as they walk closer. It's the same as it always was, and as they step up to the porch, Izuku's eyes catch someone at the living room window. He can't help but furrow his brows, staring. Who is that? 

He squints a little bit and then he makes out red eyes staring back, half of the face covered by the window curtains. He recognizes Bakugou, and he just stares silently. Was he watching them come to the door?

He's trying so hard to make sure Izuku can't do anything. Just look at him hiding at the window, waiting for the perfect time to get out of the house and avoid all of this. His mom turns to dig into her purse. 

"-I fucking hate you." 

Bakugou disappears from the window, probably making a getaway. Inko turns to him, a smile on her face. She gives him a thumbs up. 

"You got this!" 

She says loud enough for only him to hear, and he gives her a small smile back. 

Yeah, right. 

She knocks on the door and there are some sounds of struggling and muffled yelling before the door is opened by Masaru.

It's going to be okay, and it might not be that bad if Bakugo manages to actually get away. Besides, how bad can it be? Sure, it will be awkward as all hell, but since when aren't gatherings like this like that? 

It's not like he has to talk to him all that long. All he said he would do is try. Knowing Bakugo, he would probably just shut any sort of conversation down, so he's in the clear. 

At least that's what he thought before he walked into the door of the Bakugo household. He looks over at his mom after she called him and sees Bakugo standing next to her. 

The blonde gives him a look, something like unease and annoyance. He gives him a small smile, hoping it's not as awkward as he feels right now. 

But that hope is killed right when his mom, with a bright smile on her face says, 

"Come give Katsuki a hug!" 

He tenses up and stares at her, his green eyes wide. He knows she wants him and Bakugo to get along again but she's really pushing it. It's like she wants Katsuki to rip his face off. He puts his hands up, laughing stiffly. 

"Ah, no its ok mom! Bakugou doesn't like hugs remember?" 

From the corner of his eye, he sees Mitsuki and Masaru give each other shocked looks. Inko's eyes widen, and she gives him a stern look, her hands on her hips. He internally groans and makes even more eye contact with Bakugo, who has not looked away from him even once. 

"Izu-" 

Bakugou steps past her, going right to Izuku, a blank look on his face. His red eyes look into Izuku's green ones, and he slowly opens his arms. Izuku's eyes widen, and he practically gapes at him. The blonde certainly doesn't look comfortable at all. In fact, he looks like he's going to explode any moment and it's taking every ounce of his strength to hold back from blowing up. 

"Give me a fucking hug fucke-"

He sees Bakugos eyes glance behind him, probably at his parents, before he stops what he's about to say. 

"Yeah." 

Despite having his arms open and looking at Izuku expectantly, he still manages to look threatening. Izuku hesitates when he loosely wraps his arms around him, squeezing slightly. 

It's warm. 

Well of course it is, Izuku chastises himself, Bakugos body is warmer than normal peoples because of his quirk. For some reason, it feels ok. It's not like he's going to die, and honestly, they haven't hugged since they were both little. 

Not like Izuku cares about that anymore. 

It's out of character for Bakugo Katsuki to let him hug him. He doesn't even let Mitsuki or Masaru hug him that much, and he hates physical touch more than anyone else in the world, so why is he letting Izuku do it?

 The person he said that he hates so much. It doesn't make any sense to him. If he wanted to get a reaction out of Izuku, he's a little too late for that. That ship sailed a long-

Bakugou wraps his arms around him, tighter then Izuku was. He even puts his face in his hair, and Izuku can feel the heat of his breath on his skull. It makes him feel numb and his brain take a big pause.

 It's a searing kind of heat, the kind of heat that he wants to stay in, and he feels like a fool. He feels his body relax slightly and he leans slightly closer. He expects Bakugo to say something about it, but he doesn't, instead he pulls him back. 

Bakugos body relaxes against him and Izuku takes a quick breath. Never, not in a million years, has he done this. Not even once. It's not fair. He feels the blonde mutter something against his head, but he can't make it out. 

But it seems to have put his brain back into focus because he feels shame pool at his gut and he pulls away, stepping at arm's length. Bakugos eyes widen and Izuku doesn't look into his eyes, clearing his throat. 

He steps past him and to his mom. Mitsuki seems to take in the heavy atmosphere and claps her hands, a grin on her face, trying to release the tension. 

"Let's get this party started!" 

Izuku glances at Bakugo, who stands there, arms falling limply at his sides. 

God damnit.