17.

The day of the wedding came around. Alicia, Layla, Ingrid, and I helped Susan get ready after dressing up in our bridesmaid's gowns. Susan stared out the window as a news helicopter hovered around and shook her head at it. 

"This isn't how I imagined it," she expressed.

"It never is," Alicia commented as Layla helped her put on an earring that matched the gown.

"No, Alicia. It just doesn't feel right."

"Oh Susie," I sighed getting the feeling she was nervous.

"Sweetie, I think even superheroes are allowed to have wedding day jitters," Alicia spoke up as she moved from the bed to the arm of the chair.

"For sure," Layla nodded, "We're all human."

"It's more than that," Susan turned to all of us, "Is my life always gonna be a circus? Do we really want to raise kids in all this? Face it, we're not exactly normal."

I could tell she was worried about later in the future and if she and Reed decided to have kids, and potentially the fact their future offspring would inherit their abilities.

"Ben and I aren't normal," Alicia shook her head, "But we don't let it get in the way of us being happy."

I smiled at her. 

"Do you love Reed?" Ingrid asked turning to Susan.

"More than I've loved anyone," Susan answered.

"Then you have nothing to worry about."

"Thank you."

Susan hugged all of us girls one at a time.

"Okay," she smiled at all of us and went over to the mirror, "Oh, great." she sighed.

"What?" Alicia wondered.

"I've got a zit."

"Can't you put makeup on it?"

"Or some Windex?" I joked referencing My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

"I've got some concealer," Layla offered.

"No, no, I got it," Susan told us, and the pimple became invisible, "Crisis adverted. Now all I have to do is concentrate on that area continuously for the next eight hours."

"I still carry the coverup in case you need it." Layla placed her concealer tube in her clutch. 

After helping Susan get into her dress, Alicia and I and the other girls got ready for our cue. After being given each of us girls our bouquet, Johnny entered the room just after he teased Ben to the point where my brother ran after him almost set to pummel him. Alicia and I had managed to calm both parties down.

"Johnny, you shouldn't tease him so much," Alicia informed him.

"It was a joke," he sighed.

"We know, but you know how easily offended Big Bro can get," I jumped in before heading over to Layla and Ingrid who were prepping themselves for any last-minute touch-ups. 

I overheard Alicia diagnosing Johnny as being jealous of the fact my brother had a love life and that the hothead himself was only fooling himself. She added that she wouldn't wait for him forever knowing full well she was talking about me. I decided to wait until after the ceremony to talk with Johnny.

The girls and I were all set when Ben arrived escorting Susan. Cameron and Howie arrived at the same time as they did, dressed in tuxes. 

"Hey! It's the Bride of Stretchy Man," Johnny grinned at his sister.