Reminders

Syn's eyes, despite being many miles away in his own skull, were all that Nuer could think about.

Funnily enough, the only thing that Nuer could think about while he was at home, was Syn.

Which was why he decided that he should really just stuck to doing his homework at the university, that way the presence of people would help him keep his mind focused on his work and not...other things.

He put his hand against his cheek and looked out over the library, his chest feeling heavy with every breath that he took.

He wanted to see Syn again, but he just couldn't come up with an excuse to get him on his own, just the two of them and not all of his friends crowding around him.

That included Kuea, who went from being attractively adorable and the subject of Nuer's crush to being the one person who seemed to get in his way the most.

Almost every single time that he wanted to approach Syn during their shared group time, Kuea demanded Syn's attention with what seemed to be a suspiciously perfect timed heavy sigh.

It felt like the tables had turned against Nuer once again, with Kuea being Syn's protector instead of the other way around.

How annoying.

He huffed and forced his mind to return to the shared presentation.

He'd been working on it on and off, regardless if Syn was on (though it was always an added bonus if he was), but he still couldn't put his finger on what had caught his attention earlier.

He pulled up a spare piece of paper and ran the math again, configuring weight to speed proportions and wind ratios and everything that he could think of number-wise when it finally hit him.

The weight was off on the final calculations.

He didn't know how, but something must have more weight than it originally did.

He had no way if knowing what it was either, which was all the more infuriating, but now, as he stared at the number, he realized what this meant.

One, should their numbers be off, they could get in a lot of trouble with the professor before finishing the project.

Two, the solution required someone who had experience with this subject.

Someone who payed close attention, who was already well into their degree in Auto Engineering.

Someone who would drive Nuer nuts in the most beautiful of ways.

Without hesitation, he called Syn.

-------------------------------

Syn arrived at the garage, not knowing what to expect. He hadn't remembered giving Syn his number, or his LINE account, or really anything that would give them direct contact.

He did remember very clearly when Nuer asked him here, that he asked Syn to come alone.

He did not know why.

Part of him really wanted to know, but for the most part, he was prepared to get work done with someone who actually seemed to care about the project.

It was two days after he saw Nuer Friday evening, and he was still thinking of a way to thank him for delivering the documents to him.

His mom would have been quite upset that he left them behind if Nuer hadn't noticed them on his way out.

"Here," Nuer said the moment he arrived, "I found the problem, but I don't know how to fix it."

Syn placed his bag down and wiped his open palms on the sides of his jeans before he stepped forward.

He looked at the math on Nuer's sheet, then at the presentation. He added numbers in his head, remembering weight ratios as well as he could.