Limits

Nuer couldn't take it.

After the presentation, he had so little to get Syn's attention with. They were so far apart in terms of where they were in their degree programs, Nuer couldn't even pretend he was in the wrong hallway for classes.

He finally went searching.

Whatever reason would make itself appear whenever he saw Syn, or at the very least, when he saw Kuea.

"Nuer!"

It was Ton, waving him over from where he sat with the rest of the group.

Nuer's eyes went directly to Syn, who seemed to have the same thought behind his eyes.

"Hey guys."

"Just the person I wanted to see!" Fon called, "Wanna take a position?"

Nuer set his stuff down, struggling to pull his eyes away from Syn.

"For what?"

"Our game tonight against the Civil engineers. One of our classmates who usually joined has a date with his girlfriend and bailed," Ton pouted, crossing his arms.

"Yeah, I'll be happy to."

"I told you he'd say yes," Fon snapped, slapping Syn's shoulder lightly.

"I know~" Syn murmured, locking his eyes down to his hands, "He's reliable."

Syn looked up and chewed his lip as he locked eyes with Nuer. "He's great."

Nuer could explode.

God, he had to talk to Syn alone or he might end up actually hurting one of his friends.

"Alright! We'll see you at the field then!"

-------------------------

Syn stood in goal, his gloves tight around his hands as the sun beat directly into his eyes.

The first half of the game had been fine, but the Civil Engineers knew the sun would be at eye level after halftime, so Syn was now standing blind.

It was a miracle that the other team hadn't scored.

No, Syn corrected, Not a miracle. Nuer.

Nuer had stopped every single attempt that the opposing team had gotten. He was never more than ten feet away from the penalty spot, being the eyes that Syn couldn't have right now.

He had to admit that Nuer was starting to swarm unwillingly into his thoughts.

Unbidden and definitely not asked for, Nuer's face appeared when Syn thought of asking for help.

When he felt overwhelmed, his fingers always hovered over the keyboard in Nuer's DMs.

He felt like he could trust Nuer, no matter what he had said when they had first met.

Besides, Syn thought as he kicked the grass with his toe, Nuer isn't even interested in Kuea anymore. He hardly pays him any attention.

Syn was getting too deep in his thoughts, and by the time he noticed someone had shot the ball at goal, Nuer was already in front of him.

Nuer jumped faster, higher than Syn could reach, and the ball his his forehead and bounced over the crossbar.

Syn watched as he came back down to the earth. He looked like he was floating down, like this was all planned out just to make him look cool and make Syn blush hot.

Nuer collided into Syn, the two toppling down to the ground with Nuer landing ungracefully, half of the ground and half on Syn's abdomen.

The elder was off immediately, on his knees next to Syn as he attempted to regain his breath.