🔥17🔥

3rd POV

After the win (Y/n) made with Shadow, the two of them arrive back at the main area where a lot more people are gathered together. Adam is standing on the stage next to the box on the stand. He seemed to be overjoyed that (Y/n) had won the beef.

"What a wonderful performance made by Phoenix. And poor Shadow," Adam says as he looks down at the box in front of him. "Onto the next beef!" he then declares as he reaches a hand inside the cubic container. As soon as his hand feels a card, he picks it out of the box with his index and middle fingers holding the flat surface. "Who shall be the happy couple?~"

(Y/n) got more curious as she waited for Adam to say the name. She tried to see the projector from where she was standing, but considering that she was a short kid, she had to peek in the gaps between the people standing beside one another.

Upon reading the name on the ace-diamond card, Adam once again becomes overjoyed about who will be the one competing in the next race. He lets out a gasp as he reveals whose name is on the card to the audience while placing a hand over his mask in a dramatic gesture. "Oh! Snow!"

And there it was. (Y/n) reads the cursive writing on the card and was sure enough that Langa will be the next contestant up. She looks over at him, smiling in his direction as his ficus never leaves Adam. Looking back at the Matador of Love, she sees his hand hovering over the box, seeming a little too excited to see who Langa will be competing against.

"My heart is pounding with envy! Which of you lucky contestants get to skate behind that act?" he says as he reaches his hand into the box, placing his hand over his heart to feel it beating, getting an adrenaline of excitement at the moment. "Oh, pick me. Oh, my God, I hope it's me!"

After grabbing the card in the pile, he pulls it out of the box and reads the name on the card. "And the lucky opponent is..." Adam took a quick second to reread what the card said, only for him to shrug his shoulders as the projector shows the card in his hand. "Whatever," he says with boredom.

Out of curiosity, (Y/n) looks at the projector on the rocky wall, having to look between two random skaters, and sees the three-diamond card has the name... Joe.

She lets out a sigh of relief, knowing that her snowboarding friend won't become the prey to that predator. Not yet, at least.

Joe and Langa go to the starting line as many people on the sidelines are cheering them on. Langa, though, seems to be deep in thought. Throughout the first few minutes, Langa didn't seem to be focusing on the race that much. Even when the race started, he looked as if he was ignoring everything that was around him. The wind blew against his face, causing his short sky-blue hair to fly everywhere, which didn't bother him at all. Joe had the upper hand and gained more and more speed, even pulling a few incredible tricks to make the sharp turns and to go even faster. There was only one question on the snowboarder's mind...

'Where's Reki?'

Back with (Y/n), the poor child was trying her best to look up at the projector that was showing the current race. The crowd seems to be really into the race, which most likely meant that the beef was intense. She even heard a few words being spoken by Shadow and Miya, sounding amazed about how Joe was skating.

(Y/n) would probably have the same reaction as them if she was able to see over the crowd of people!

The girl lets out a puff of air as a tick mark appears on the side of her head. Now she's left with her own thoughts as she stands there. 'Oh, man! I can't see the race from here. And I don't feel like going to the abandoned factory now because I'm going to miss it. Maybe climbing up a tree would help me see the projector better. But what kind of trees are tall here? There aren't any oak trees growing anywhere near here. What other trees are tall? I don't see any cherry trees growing here either.' At the mention of cherry, (Y/n)'s eyes brighten as she turns her head to the one famous AI skater who was watching the race with an expressionless look on his face.