~58~ Family Dinner

The next evening, Remus was panicking over what to wear, while I watched with amusement. I leaned against the doorframe, as Remus was yelling nonsense. 

"All my clothes are just so incredibly shabby! I don't want to look like a poor loser in front of your mother. She already doesn't like me very much anyways." he cried, going through his closet and throwing clothes out.

"Remus, relax. My mother doesn't really care how you dress. She'll only care about how you treat me." I said soothingly. "Remus, darling, how about i pick something for you?" 

"Okay. Yeah." he stepped away from his closet and I started looking through.

"These brown trousers are nice." I said, handing them to him.

"Oh. Yeah." he quickly started putting them on.

"How about this shirt?" I pulled out a beige collared shirt.

"Oh. I didn't even see it." he mumbled, slipping it on.

"There. You look good." I glanced at his hair, which was sticking out all over the place. "I'll do your hair. It looks like Harry's right now." I grabbed his hair brush and started brushing it back.

"Are we late?" he asked, his foot jittering nervously.

"No. There's still twenty minutes left. We can leave in five minutes and be there a bit early." I smiled at him through the mirror. "I've never seen you this nervous. Even before literally going off to face Death Eaters."

He sighed. "I just don't want your mother to hate me."

"She won't hate you." I laughed. "Possibly just a strong dislike."

"That's not really helping Sara."

"Sorry Remy." I fluffed up his hair with my fingers. "There you go." I leaned over and kissed his cheek. "You look handsome."

"Thanks." he whispered, his leg still jittering.

"Come on," I checked my watch. "Take my arm I'll guide us."

"WAIT!" he ran to the kitchen.

"What?" I asked, waiting for him.

He ran back holding a box of chocolate frogs. "I don't know. Thought I'd bring them something."

I smiled. "You are too sweet, love."

We stepped out of the cottage and Apprated.

"Ready?" I asked.

"I'll never be ready." he mumbled. "Just knock already."

I knocked and my mam's voice rang out. "What was the first word Seamus said to you?"

"SaSa because he couldn't say my name properly." I rolled my eyes at the question. 

She opened the door and pulled me into a hug. "Hello darling." he let go of me and turned to Remus. "Come in."

She didn't hug him or shake his hand.

"It's lovely to meet you Miss. Finnigan." he said. "I brought these for you..."

She blinked down at the box. "Thank you." she took it. "Er, Seamus and Dean are in the living room. Why don't you two go in there."

"Sure." I said, taking Remus' hands and leading him into the living room.

"She hates me." he whispered.

"No she doesn't. Just chat with her later. I've never brought a boyfriend over ok."

"Never?"

"Never."

Shay was in the living room, looking irritated while Dean was writing something out.