~71~ Proposal

Soon, Dumbledore's funeral arrived, and Remus and I went to where it was taking place at Hogwarts. We sat in the same row as Tonks, Ollie, Bill, Fleur, Fred, George, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. 

Kingsley and Mad-Eye were there too, sitting in the row in front of us. I saw up ahead that Percy was sitting with Scrimgeour, and I scowled when I spotted him, and Remus squeezed my hand to calm me down. There were many people at the funeral. I recognized Madam Maxine, from the Tri Wizard tournament. Madam Malkin was there, so was the driver for the Knight Bus. One of the players from Weird Sisters was there too. All the Castles Ghosts were floating in the very back too. Fudge came too, with Rita Skeeter right behind him, and to my fury, Umbridge was there too.

Then the merepeople started to sing a haunting melody. Hagrid was walking slowly up the aisle between the chairs. He was crying quite silently, his face gleaming with tears, and in his arms, wrapped in purple velvet spangled with golden stars, which was Dumbledore's body. Hagrid seemed to have placed the body carefully upon the table. Now he retreated down the aisle, blowing his nose with loud trumpeting noises.

A little tufty-haired man in plain black robes had got to his feet and stood now in front of Dumbledore's body. It was very difficult to hear him, but I caught the words 'Nobility of spirit' ... 'intellectual contribution' ... 'greatness of heart'

Remus rubbed my knuckles with his thumb as I sniffled, tears in his own eyes. I suddenly thought to Sirius, upset that we were never able to have a proper funeral for him.

When the man finished speaking, people started to scream. Bright, white flames had erupted around Dumbledore's body and the table upon which it lay: higher and higher they rose, obscuring the body. White smoke spiraled into the air and made strange shapes: In its place was a white marble tomb, encasing Dumbledore's body and the table on which he had rested. There were a few more cries of shock as a shower of arrows soared through the air, but they fell far short of the crowd. The centaurs tribute. Likewise the merpeople sank slowly back into the green water and were lost from view.

People began to rise to their feet, and talking started to gather around. 

"Well, that was something." Tonks said softly. 

I glanced to her finger and noticed a ring. "What the hell Tonks?"

"Wha- oh. Yes. Ollie proposed to me yesterday." she smiled at me.

I smiled back. "And you didn't tell me? Finally." I hugged them both. 

"The wedding will be soon. Like, almost right away." she said. "We want something small, unlike Fleur and Bill's. Really, just our closest friends. And we would like you to be a Bridesmaids, along with Fleur." 

"What?" I blinked. "Really?"

"Yes." Ollie nodded. Then he turned to Remus. "Remus, mate, would you like to be my best man?"

Remus' mouth dropped open slightly. "Me?"

Ollie nodded. "I know we aren't exactly.....the closest. But I would love for you to be my best man."

Remus smiled. "I would love to."

After talking around with a few people, I pushed through to crowd and found Seamus, holding hands with Dean. 

"Oh my Merlin." I said.

The two boys saw me and gasped, letting each other go.

"You two idiots." I seethed.

"Sara I- I didn't know you-" Shay started.

"I've been telling you all these years you fecker." I shook my head. "Well, at least ye got it now eh?"