Chapter 1 - No Longer Parasite

Scope: Year 1 Volume 7

-

KIYOTAKA mercilessly delayed saving Kei from Ryuen and his gang. He had used Kei to bait Ryuen. Kiyotaka deemed violence to be the best response to Ryuen who wields violence as his number 1 method in rising to the top. To make Ryuen realize that violence is not enough to defeat his opponents, Kiyotaka set up a stage where he could crush Ryuen to make Ryuen realize that someone is more capable of more violence than him. This way, Ryuen would lessen his reliance on violence.

For some reason, Kiyotaka also wanted Kei to reveal his identity to Ryuen. He knows that Kei would do anything just to keep her secret and protect herself from bullying and humiliation, to the point that she would offer her body. So Kiyotaka was sure that Kei would reveal his identity. However, he missed the change that was happening inside Kei.

"No matter how many times you ask me...I'll never, ever tell you... creep. Even if I lose everything I built at this school... No matter how much you put me through, I'll never give you the name."

Kei had managed to kill Ryuen's smile and impress him at the same time.

'These weren't Ryuuen's words or Kiyotaka's. They were mine.

This was fine.

Yousuke-kun, then Kiyotaka, had protected me. I'd been a girl who couldn't protect herself.

Even though I was betrayed, though, I hadn't betrayed him. I was broken, but still proud.

My life had never been very interesting, except when I worked with Kiyotaka. I had fun. I didn't understand a lot of what we did, but I felt like I played the supporting role in some exciting story, aiding the hero from the wings.

The truth was, deep down, I still hoped he would save me.

Ah, I was such an idiot. I'd just been dancing in the palm of his hand. Guess you reaped what you sowed, huh?

Somehow, underneath the cold winter sky, I felt glad. Goodbye, fake me. Welcome home to the real, cold, empty Karuizawa.'

Kei realized it, she has changed. She is no longer desperate to protect herself if it means giving up her pride. She wanted to value her dignity more. If the same thing occurs again where she would be threatened to do something if she did not want her past revealed, she would not give in. Not even Kiyotaka can threaten her anymore. Even if Kiyotaka threatens her again to give him her body if she did not want her secret revealed, she would not submit. She regained her pride in herself.

But despite that, her heart was filled with fear. She started imagining all the awful things that could happen to her in the coming days. One of the things that she did not want is people looking down on her. Instead of the strong Kei, they would see a victim. They would keep talking about the painful things that Kei did not want to remember or think about. But her biggest anxiety would be becoming cold and empty again. She would be robotic just to endure everything. Just then, Kiyotaka appeared. Kei thought he had completely betrayed her but he came.

"Why...why did you come?" asked Karuizawa who was having difficulty talking because she was shivering in the cold. She found Kiyotaka's actions illogical, at the same time, it negated her grand plan to save him.

"What do you mean, 'why'? I made a promise, didn't I? I promised that I'd save you." Kiyotaka answered.

Ibuki and Ishizaki were doubtful that Kiyotaka is really Class D's X. But after some more dialogue, Kiyotaka was able to convince them. Not only did Class D's X shocked them with his average student image, he also shocked them with his seemingly lack of carefulness. Why would he carelessly reveal himself, is what they're asking.