Chapter 3 - Partners 'Till When?

Scope: Year 1 Volume 7.5

-

KEI was not happy with the behavior of the unknown caller, which was student council vice president Ikuto Kiriyama, because he intended to just check the identity of Kiyotaka and then leave. Thanks to Kei coming along, Ikuto had no choice but to get close to them in order to confirm if Kiyotaka was the guy he was waiting for. He revealed himself and they were able to equally confirm each other's identity. Though, Ikuto was bothered by something.

"Before we get into that, let me ask you something. Who's this? I don't know her."

'Hey!? Didn't we saw each other a while ago!'

"She's trustworthy. She's my partner." Kiyotaka said.

'Partner?' Kei felt a little bit happy upon hearing that word but she quickly felt skeptical. 'What do you mean by partner?'

"Trustworthy, huh? Well, why not? This situation's already hopeless if I have to turn to a first year for help."

"Can we cut to the chase? I don't want to draw this out."

"Same. I'll catch cold if I stay here much longer."

And so, Kiyotaka and Ikuto went on to exchange question and answers regarding the situation about student council president Miyabi Nagumo. Kei was attentively listening while being perplexed by how Kiyotaka became entangled with such a big and complicated issue.

'I really thought that Kiyotaka was just a harmless and plain guy. But it turns out he's very intelligent that even the former student council president recognize him and is asking for his help. However, I can't take off the word, partner, from my head. He should've told me about it earlier. It would obviously surprise me. It's a word with a lot of meaning after all.'

Hearing how Miyabi controlled the whole second year, Kei talked.

"Neh, Kiyotaka. I understand uniting your own class, but how could you possibly make other classes your allies? Isn't everyone competing to reach Class A?"

It was just a simple question but it demonstrates how much Kei understands the complexity of the situation.

"I'm sure Vice President Kiriyama will explain." Kiyotaka also has the same question and wants it answered.

"Nagumo promised reform. He said capable students would be promoted to Class A, no matter where they'd started. There are a lot of dissatisfied people at this school who feel they were placed in the wrong class."

'People who feel they were placed in the wrong class? I think I've never met one.'

"He means people like Horikita and Yukimura." Kiyotaka explained to Kei.

"I see. But that wouldn't be enough, right? I mean, most of the students from the lower classes aren't that talented." Kei said as someone who is not like Horikita nor Keisei.

"Nagumo says that every student will be given a chance. I don't have any more concrete details yet."

"Isn't that kinda suspicious?"

"Yes, but those are his terms. Anyone in Class B or below already feels the pressure mounting. The gap in class points between Class A and everyone else is widening."

'Who the heck would agree with something that risky and uncertain?' Kei thought.

Kiyotaka interrogated Ikuto, especially with his plan to go against Miyabi. Hearing that all the first year might get affected by Miyabi's future actions, Kei complained.

"Ugh. He sounds like the worst."

Kiyotaka felt worry and demotivation to help on the matter. He understands the danger and tiresomeness that is brought by the issue with Miyabi Nagumo.