Chapter 2 - Curiosity Spikes Up

Scope: Year 1 Volume 7.5

-

"WELL then, thank you Yousuke-kun for today. I had fun." In an effort to immediately part ways with Yousuke, Kei said those words just moments after Kiyotaka and Maya went off their way.

"Huh? You don't want to walk with me until the dorm?" Yousuke asked.

"No, there's no need. I intend to go strolling on my own before I go back to the dorm."

"I see. Then, take care." Yousuke said with his signature kind smile before he started walking away from Kei.

'It's a good thing that Yousuke-kun doesn't have feelings for me. That would've made it harder for me to break off from him here. I'm really curious how Kiyotaka would respond to Satou-san. Would he date her? Would he not?

Would he use her too? Or would he date her out of love?

From everything that happened today, things seem to be going well. Kiyotaka always have a blank face but I know he at least enjoyed things a little.

Hiding like a spy from an action movie, I followed Kiyotaka and Satou-san.

Wait a minute? Didn't Satou-san said that the magic of confessing under the legendary tree will be cancelled if someone shows up the moment that the person would say how they feel?

But I'm hiding though so it might not be a problem. I really can't control my curiosity.

Sorry, Satou-san..'

With that, Kei was able to witness Maya's first ever confession that she made in her entire life. Who would be the best person to receive Satou Maya's memorable and important first confession other than the great Kiyotaka Ayanokoji.

How would Maya feel if she knows that the boy she likes is actually a robotic level genius with an incredible physical strength, a highly adaptable person, and with a top analytical and strategic thinking? But Maya did not know of those. In her mind, she's only confessing to one of the top 10 cuties of the school who doesn't talk much, has a weak presence, but is great at running and better than most of the boys when it comes to being non-disruptive to the class.

In the end, Kiyotaka rejected her.

'Kiyotaka would reject her after all. I wonder if its my fault since I'm here. If that was the case, I'm really sorry, Satou-san.'

Maya went running after being rejected. If she knows the true Kiyotaka though, she would have expected how things turned out. 

Kei was trying to pretend she was not there. She was waiting for Kiyotaka to leave before she would also leave. She has been already covered by snow because she has not been moving from her place all this time. But Kiyotaka received a call.

'Geh! I wonder how long Kiyotaka would stay here. It's really cold. Just leave already. Mou!'

It turns out that Kiyotaka doesn't plan on leaving without calling out Kei though. Kiyotaka finally finished his call with an unknown person.

"If you stay there, you'll freeze to death."

'Is he talking to me?'

"I have to go. Is it okay if I leave you here?"

Kei realized that Kiyotaka was indeed talking to him.

'As expected, he would notice me after all. Going back to what Satou-san said about confessing under this tree, is it my fault after all that it failed because Kiyotaka noticed me?