Chapter 3

Aria drove Rosalie to her old home. There were police cars and ambulances around the house. The two girls looked at each other before getting out of the car and walking towards the chaos.

"Rosalie!" They looked around to see Jason approaching them.

"Is it her?" Aria asked.

Jason just nodded. He could see tears in Rosalie's eyes and pulled her into a hug.

"Thank you for bringing her." Jason said to Aria as he consoled his sister while she quietly cried.

"Of course." Aria said. "Hey Rose. The other girls are over there."

Rosalie turned around to see Emily, Spencer, and Hannah standing together a little down the street. "I'll be right back." She said to her brother.

Jason nodded and Rosalie and Aria walked over to the others.

"We're so sorry, Rosalie." They all said, hugging her.

"Thanks guys." Rosalie said.

Later that night, Rosalie was back at the apartment with Jason.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Do you think I'm okay after finding out my sister's dead?" Rosalie said.

"Fair point." Jason said.

Rosalie started to cry again. Jason pulled her into another hug.

"Shh. It's going to be okay." Jason as he stroked her hair. "I'm so sorry for everything that's happened the past year, Rosalie. I'm sorry that Mom and Dad just stopped caring after Ali's disappearance."

"I doubt they'll go back to caring now that she's dead." Rosalie said.

"Well, I will always be here for you." Jason said.

"And I'm grateful for it." Rosalie said. "I love you, Jason."

"I love you too, Rosie." Jason said, kissing her on the forehead. "You should go to bed. It's getting late and you have school in the morning."

"Can I sleep in your room with you?" Rosalie asked.

"Come on." Jason said.

The day of the funeral, Rosalie was getting ready. She had just gotten out of shower and blow dried her hair before heading back into her room. She looked through her closet for a dress, but then a thought came to her mind. She hesitatingly walked to Alison's room and picked a dress from her closet.

Rosalie did her makeup and headed downstairs

Rosalie did her makeup and headed downstairs. "How do I look?" She asked.

Jason looked up and was quiet for a moment.

"If it's going to be too much for you, I can find wear something else." Rosalie said.

"No. You look beautiful." Jason said. "She would've of wanted you to wear something of hers."

"You're such a bad liar." Rosalie said. "Ali never let me in her room without the other girls. She would've killed me if she caught me wearing her clothes without her permission."

"So, why are you wearing them now?" Jason said.

"I wanted to feel like her." Rosalie answered.

"You don't need to be like Ali." Jason said. "Just be yourself because that's all that matters."

Rosalie smiled at her brother.

"Mom and Dad want to have breakfast with us before the funeral." Jason said.

Rosalie rolled her eyes.

"You don't have to forgive them because just abandoning you like they did was wrong." Jason continued. "But, at least be nice. We're all dealing with this."

Rosalie just nodded.

"Come on." Jason said. Rosalie followed him out of the apartment.

During breakfast, Rosalie's parents tried talking to her. But, she just ignored them.

At the church, Rosalie was sitting up front waiting for the service to start. She saw Spencer, Emily, Hannah, and Aria standing at the alter she was sitting in.

"Your Mom told us to sit up here." Spencer said. Rosalie let them through.

As they were waiting, Aria's phone went off. They all looked at her.

"Just my Mom." She said.

"Aria, Rosalie, and I aren't the only ones getting messages from A." Emily said. "Are we?"

Hanna and Spencer looked at them.

"You guys have been getting messages too?" Spencer asked. They all nodded. The funeral then started.

After the funeral, everyone gathered outside.

"Emily, Spencer, Aria and Hanna." They heard. The five girls turned around to see someone approaching them.

"Do we know you?" Spencer asked.

"I'm Detective Wilden. I understand you four were good friends with the victim." He said and then looked at Rosalie. "And you're the victims sister."

"Yes." Aria said.

"I'm gonna need to talk to each of you." Wilden said.

"We talked to the police when Alison went missing." Emily said.

"And I intend to go over every one of your statements." Wilden continued. "This is no longer a missing persons investigation. It's a murder investigation. Rest assured, I will find out what happened that summer."

Rosalie's eyes widened. The detective walked away.

"Do you think he knows about?" Aria started.

"No." Hanna interrupted. "How could he."

Just then, all their phones ring.

"Oh, my god." Aria said.

"Did we all get this?" Rosalie asked.

"I'm still here, bitches." Spencer read out loud. "And I know everything. A'."

The girls all looked at each other.

That night, Rosalie was back at home with Jason.

"Do you think Ali was murdered?" She asked her brother as they ate dinner.

"Who told you that?" Jason asked.

"A detective came up to me and Ali's friends after the funeral." Rosalie replied.

"Who?" Jason asked.

"He said his name was Detective WIlden." Rosalie answered.

"Listen to me. If he tries to talk to you without an adult present, let me know." Jason said. "You're a minor and I'm not allowing any officer talking to you about this without me around. Alright?" Rosalie nodded.