Chapter 4

Rosalie woke up the morning after the funeral. She hadn't gotten much last night. The last couple of nights have been rough for her. She hopped into the shower before getting ready for school.

Once she finished getting ready, Rosalie headed downstairs.

"Morning, Rosie." Jason greeted.

"Morning." Rosalie greeted.

"I made you a bagel with cream cheese and orange juice for breakfast this morning."

"Thanks Jason." Rosalie said as she sat at the island and ate her breakfast. On the tv, the news were on. And, of course, they were talking about Alison.

"Let's find something else to watch." Jason said as flipped through the channels.

"This isn't going to until they find out who killed her, is it?" Rosalie asked.

"Probably not." Jason said. "But, it's going to be okay." Rosalie nodded. "Finish eating your breakfast so I can get you to school." Jason added. Rosalie continued to eat.

When she got to school, she met up with the other girls.

"Why was Jenna there?" Aria asked.

"I guess she's back." Spencer replied.

"That cop acted like we were suspects or something." Hanna said.

"Do you think we looked guilty?" Emily asked.

"Why would we?" Aria said. "We haven't done anything wrong."

"Except lie about the Jenna thing." Hanna said.

"We promised we'd never bring up the Jenna thing again, remember?" Spencer said. "It never happened."

"Have you found a way to forget?" Aria asked. "I still wake up sometimes in the middle of the night."

"Same here." Rosalie added.

"It was an accident." Spencer said. "Do you think we'll get in trouble?" Rosalie asked.

"You certainly won't." Emily said. "You walked away."

"I was a coward." Rosalie said.

"No, you weren't." Aria said. "We should have followed you when you said you didn't want to be apart of it."

"I don't really want to talk about this." Rosalie said as the bell rang. "Besides, I have to get to class."

"Rose." Spencer stopped her. "We're really sorry about everything going on right now. It can't be easy to deal with."

Rosalie just nodded and heads to class.

At lunch, Rosalie was the first of the girls to arrive at the cafeteria. She sat at an empty table. After the conversation this morning, she couldn't help recalling the night of the event.

They were all trying on clothes at Emily's house. All of a sudden, Ali flipped out.

"I see you!" She said, rushing towards the window.

"Ali, what's wrong?" Rosalie asked.

"What did you see?" Emily asked.

"It was that perv, Toby Cavanaugh." Ali answered.

"He was spying on us. Watching us change."

"Gross." Aria said.

"We have to teach him a lesson." Ali said as she rummaged through her bag and pulling out a small ball.