Chapter 12

—————————————————————————

"Do you think I will suffer the same fate as Klaus?" Aurelia asks, her voice above a whisper since her and Rebekah were just cleaning up in silence. "What do you mean?" Rebekah asks, turning to Aurelia.

"If I make a human kill, would that automatically make me a hybrid? Like it did for him?" Aurelia asks, throwing something in the trash. "There's a small possibility it could, but he was also the first hybrid so it may have been different for him. I'm not sure" Rebekah answers before throwing her trash away.

Aurelia just hums slightly. On the inside she was scared, she didn't want to be a werewolf or even part werewolf, she would have to go through turning but if she was a hybrid, it wouldn't be to bad because she'd only have to turn once. But it still means she would have to kill someone innocent, human.

Rebekah noticed how the brunette was lost in thought and felt her anxiousness. So she then walked over and put her hand on Aurelia's chin gently and pulled her head up to look at Rebekah, grabbing the attention of the brunette. "Don't worry love, I'll help you to make sure you don't trigger the curse for as long as possible" Rebekah says softly and Aurelia furrows her eyebrows at her. "Why would you help me?" Aurelia asks, standing up straight and letting Rebekah's hand drop from her chin.

"Because, I've seen multiple werewolves in my 1000 years of living and it's painful. Just because I have not gone through that pain myself doesn't mean I wish it upon anyone. Well almost anyone" Rebekah says. "If almost anyone, then why help me?" Aurelia questions and Rebekah rolls her eyes. "Why do you have to question me every time I try to help you?" Rebekah says and before either the blonde or brunette can say anything else, Elena walks back in.

"I thought I told you to leave, twice" Rebekah says, turning to Elena. "How do you know that Mikael killed your mother?" Elena says which makes Aurelia furrow her eyebrows at her as she takes a sip of her bourbon. "Nik was there, he told me" Rebekah says, sighing. "He lied to you" Elena says after letting out a sigh as well.

"And how do you know that" Rebekah says with a smug smile. "The cave where you carved your family's names is covered in symbols. The story of your family, how your parents arrived, how they made peace.." Elena continues as she starts putting printed pictures down of the symbols. "The spell that turned them into vampires, and this. This is the symbol for hybrid, it's the combination of the werewolf and vampire symbol. And this is the one for your mother" Elena says as she puts the other pictures down.

"Her necklace..." Rebekah says, looking at the picture. Aurelia slowly steps closer and takes a look at the pictures as well. "And this is the story of her death" Elena says, putting the last picture down showing all the symbols. "The hybrid killed the original witch. Not Mikael, Klaus" Elena says while pointing at the picture.

"Lena.." Aurelia starts. "No, no he wouldn't" Rebekah interrupts. "She put the curse on him, made it so he would be the only one of his kind and then she rejected him. With the werewolf gene comes aggression and violence, when he turned all of that was heightened. He killed her Rebekah, and then he made up this entire lie about your father so that he wouldn't lose you" Elena says and Aurelia gives her a small glare.

"These mean nothing, they're just stupid drawings done by stupid people who had no idea who my family was!" Rebekah yells as she tosses the drawings in the fire, not wanting to look at them anymore. "Then why are you so upset?" Elena questions, following Rebekah. "Why are you doing this to me? I've done nothing to you" Rebekah says as tears form in her eyes. Aurelia quickly downed the rest of her bourbon and set her glass down, glaring at Elena from behind.

"Klaus killed your mother. He has a hold on you, on me, on everyone. He has for a thousand years we have to make it stop!" Elena says approaching Rebekah which makes Aurelia's jaw clench. "Shut up! Just shut up! Don't talk anymore nothing!" Rebekah yells as she vamp speeds Elena against the wall with her hand around her throat with her vampire face out. They both stand in silence for a minute before Aurelia approaches the two of them.