Chapter 23

—————————————————————————

"Wake up love, I have a dance to plan today and I'd like for you to come with me" Rebekah whispers in Aurelia's ear, waking her up. "You really have to drag me along for this?" Aurelia groans, her eyes still closed. "Well, it would be a lot more fun if you were there" Rebekah taunts, letting her head rest behind Aurelia's, leaving kisses on the back of her neck softly.

"You'll be having fun either way, but fine. Anything for you, Bekah" Aurelia says, turning around and smiling at the blonde. "Wonderful. Come on, love" Rebekah says, dragging the hybrid out of bed as she groans, reluctantly getting up.

—————————————————————————

Rebekah and Aurelia got ready and we're now at the school helping. The couple walked into the cafeteria and heard Caroline complaining to Matt about it being the twenties and not the seventies. "Too flashy people, it's supposed to be a speakeasy, not the world fair" Rebekah says to another student, allowing Caroline to hear them.

"Ah good, you're here. We need help setting up the tables so, get to it" Rebekah says as her and Aurelia walk over to Caroline and Matt. "What do you two think you're doing?" Caroline asks, her eyes moving to Rebekah and Aurelia. "Somebody has to be in charge" Rebekah shrugs.

"Yeah, me. I'm the chair of the dance committee. The theme of the decade dance is the 1970's" Caroline says, taking a step forward. "The 20's is so much better than the 70's. You'd rather dress in tacky colors and have bad hair than be a classic flapper from the jazz age?" Aurelia says, crossing her arms. "Honestly, I don't know what my brother sees in you" Rebekah says after smiling at Aurelia.

"Well maybe he sees a challenge. You see, unlike some other people I don't sleep with everyone I make eye contact with. Honestly, I don't know what my sister sees in you" Caroline says, making Rebekah go quiet and Aurelia to glare at her. "Caroline enough. I don't go around putting your boyfriend down like a dog, I only do it when he's a dick so don't start. And it's not like you haven't slept with lots of people to, I have as well, but at least I acknowledge that. And she's also a thousand years old, fuck off" Aurelia says, silence now upon the four, until Matt fucking Donovan interrupted it.

"Aren't you also like a dog or wolf now?" Matt says in more of a hushed voice. "Want me to turn you into a vampire and you can find out for yourself?" Aurelia says, flashing her hybrid face. "Speaking of which, where is that doppelwhore who allowed Esther to turn me into a hybrid?" Aurelia says, glancing around the cafeteria.

"Somewhere, don't know. I'm not really speaking to her at the moment" Caroline mumbles but everyone still hears it. "What'd she do now to get on your nerves?" Aurelia asks, furrowing her eyebrows. "Turn you into a hybrid" Caroline mumbles again, looking away. "I didn't think you cared, considering last time we spoke" Aurelia says, allowing herself to relax a little. "Of course I care! You're my sister and I know you didn't want to turn because it's painful. It wasn't fair to you, but I still love you, you're my sister. Of course I care, I was outraged when you told me because I had no idea beforehand" Caroline rambles, throwing her hands up, making Aurelia smile at her.

"I love you too, Care" Aurelia smiles, cutting Caroline off before she could ramble on more. "Maybe we can do both decades" Matt says, bringing back the problem that they still hadn't discussed. "No" All three girls say, looking at him. "Go on Matt, don't be a coward. You know you loved my twenties idea when I presented it to the group" Rebekah says, making Caroline's head snap back towards Matt. "Traitor!" Caroline exclaims. "Bell bottoms and disco? I don't know, this just seemed cooler" Matt says, making Aurelia roll her eyes, feeling her jealousy start to pent up and rise.