Chapter 4

The next day, I spend most of my time completely catching up on my schoolwork so I have none to do. I'm currently finishing up a math assignment that I've been stuck on. I let my head hit the desk as I hear Michael walk in my room.

"Whatcha working on?" He asks me, sitting on my bed.

"Math. This is so confusing" I say, defeated.

"Take a break, you need one" he says, "and besides, I need to talk to you about something"

"What's up?" I say, curiously. Im not sure what he could possibly want to talk about, so I'm a little confused.

"So, I was looking through some files at work today, and turns out you're due for a yearly checkup, and I booked you in with me tomorrow"

"What?" I say, looking at him like he is insane.

"Baby, it's just me. It's required, and It's important to make sure your healthy" he says softly.

"I'm fine! Nothing is wrong with me, I'm not going, I'm fine." I say firmly.

"Um, yes you are. This is nothing to stress about, I can promise you that you will be okay. I will not hurt you. I'm being serious"

"So am I" I say, going to the bathroom and locking the door. I don't want to talk to anyone right now, so this is the best solution I had in mind. I stay there for a while until I'm sure everyone is out of my room, then go back and lay on my bed.

When it was time for dinner, Wesley cooked tonight and made pasta. It was pretty much silent except for the guys talking about cases and stuff, until Dylan broke the silence.

"How was your day, drey?"

"fine" I say.

"woah. What's with that tone?" Mason says.

"She has an appointment with me tomorrow and is stressing about it" Michael says, making everyone instantly understand the situation.

"Oh, sweetheart, you know Michael won't hurt you. He's just checking that everything is alright. Nothing scary" Wesley encourages.

"Just stop" I say, and instead of it coming out firm, my voice cracked. "I cant help it"

"Baby-"

"Don't" I cry "I don't want to talk about this right now. I appreciate you guys trying to help I really do, but I really don't wanna talk about it"

"Sweetheart, don't cry, it's alright. We can talk about something different then, like Wesley's snoring problem" Mason jokes.

"Seriously, dude. I can hear you even though your door is literally closed" Dylan adds, making me laugh.

After dinner, we all help clean up and I go to take a shower. I put my wet hair into braids and throw on fuzzy pajama pants and a hoodie. I climb under my blanket and grab my book, pausing when I hear a slight knock on my door. I say a faint "come in" before seeing Michael.

"Hey" he says, sitting beside me, "just wanted to make sure you aren't super mad at me" he says, jokingly. "And that you are alright"

"I'm not mad at you" I say, letting my head hit his chest.

"That answers one of my questions" he says "are you ok after the dinner thing?"

"Yeah I was just, like, overwhelmed I guess"

"I understand, but do you understand that you will be fine tomorrow?" I nod. "Good"

When Michael tries to get up and go to his own room, I grab his arm. "Stay" I say "please"

"Fine, fine. Your hard to say no to" he says, smiling.

I bury my head into his chest and I slowly let myself fall asleep.