x. ANGEL EYES !

"YOU LOOK DEAD." João says once his eyes land on Nathalia. They were meeting up with Rafael at the park to have a picnic for breakfast and catch up. She reaches up and slaps the back of his head in response to his words.

"One more word and you'll look dead."

"Woah, so aggressive. It it because you haven't had your daily latte yet?" Rafael laughs as he appears behind her, holding up a tray with coffee for them.

He hands her the iced latte she had been eyeing since she saw the tray. The 3 sat down on the table that already had food resting on top. They sat in silence as they take their first bites of the breakfast. João and Rafael share a look because Nathalia was quiet, which rarely happens.

"So, how is everything?" João asks, breaking the awkward silence.

"Fine."

The two men shared another look. Rafael sighs as she gives him a strange look while sipping on her coffee. "We know something went wrong with Rodrygo."

Nathalia immediately tensed up at the mention of the Brazilian. She lets out a disappointed sigh, setting down her latte. "I just assumed we had something going on. I assumed wrong, I guess."

Although João and Rafael both already knew what happened, they wanted to hear it directly
from her. "What happened?" João asks, his eyebrows furrowed up.

"Just men being men."

"Yeah, I'm one of the girls."

"Oh, shut up, João." Rafael says in between laughs at his dramatic tone. Nathalia couldn't help but laugh as João pretended to flip his hair.

"Not like that!" She exclaims as she continues to laughs. "I just mean like, i don't know. He was flirting with other girls. We weren't official or anything but I thought we had something going on."

"I'll fight him."

"No you won't, João. You're like Floki."

"Maybe you're like Floki, Rafael!"

"You're both like Floki."

Nathalia raises her eyebrow as she watches the two bicker over who resembled the dog. João lets out a huff as he holds his hand up in front of Rafael's face,"Anyways," He loudly says, focusing back on the girl in front of him. "Hoes will be hoes."

"Funny you're saying that when your ex-"

"Stop interrupting me! Anyways, Rodrygo and you did have something!"

"Not a fan of him anymore anyways." Rafael mumbles with a shrug as she tilts her head in confusion. He notices her look of confusion and continues, "He made you upset, duh. You're like my baby sister, if anyone hurts you then obviously i'm not going to like him."

Nathalia lets out a sigh, reaching for a piece of fruit that was untouched on the table due to the bickering. "It's just- I don't know. Is it bad to say I still like him? Like I just want to talk or maybe I read the signals wrong."

João shakes his head, furrowing up his eyebrows. "No, he was definitely giving you signals. Like that heart thing after he scored a goal?" He reminded her, also grabbing some fruit from the plate.

She huffs in response. She takes a long sip of her latte as she thinks about the whole situation. "I'm just confused, y'know? I just need to talk to him. Maybe an explanation which sounds stupid, I know but-"

"It doesn't sound stupid, Nathy." Rafael interrupts her. Both her and João turn to him, focusing on his next words. "He gave you signals that he liked you. Like dedicating two goals to you, going out with you, that's sending certain signals. You deserve an explanation. I think he should talk to you."