xxi. LOVE STORY !

"SO, REMIND ME AGAIN, what's so great about her?" Rodrygo asks as he glances up at Nathalia. They were having a picnic in her backyard for privacy reasons. In the middle of lunch, she decided to show him one of her favorite artists.

"It's Taylor Swift!"

"Ok..."

"Meu Deus, Rodrygo!" She huffs. He lets out a loud laugh at her reaction. He purposely said such a simple answer to see her reaction. He knew how much she liked the American artists. She blasted her music whenever given the chance to.

Nathalia lays down on the white sheet next to Rodrygo. She grabs her phone. "Look!" She exclaims as she shows a concert video of Taylor Swift. "I wanna go to her concert so badly."

"You have the money to go to all of her concerts though?"

"Pai says I need to be more responsible with my money."

The two make eye contact before widely smiling. "You and I both know you wouldn't listen to him anyways. Gio told me you got a new handbag?"

"It's Hermes!"

"That's what she said too."

"Now she's snitching on me to my own boyfriend?"

"Because I asked!"

She playfully glares at him before going back to the topic of Taylor Swift, "Anyways, I haven't gone because I'm trying to figure out when João is free because I turned him into a swiftie and he needs to go with me."

Rodrygo lets out a snort at the thought of the Portuguese player singing just like how Nathalia sings in the car. She continued scrolling through tiktok until a video of a proposal to Love Story came up.

"Like look at this!" She exclaims as she shows him the video. "It's so cute. I love proposals so much, and to Taylor Swift? That's amazing hello?"

She had no specific intention when showing him the video. She continued mindlessly scrolling meanwhile the video stayed in his mind. They've been together for a few months already and he didn't want to jinx it, but he felt like she may be the one.

She was calling out his name to show him a video of a cat. He kept a mental note of the song and proposal, knowing that it would come in handy in the future.

☾⋆。𖦹 °✩
2 years later ...
☾⋆。𖦹 °✩

"NO PEAKING!" Rodrygo says, gently covering Nathalia's eyes with his hands. He carefully led her up the stairs of the building where her fathers penthouse in Madrid was located.

"I'm a curious girl, Rodry!" She whines but nonetheless she listens and keeps her eyes shut. In her mind, she thought that he had a picnic set up on the rooftop for them to watch the sunset. She loved picnics so it makes sense for him to plan a surprise picnic.

But the small box in his back pocket said completely different.

Since they were went on the staircase from the top floor, they made it to the rooftop in no time. "Keep your eyes closed." He says before opening the door. He could see some of his teammates and their closest friends, Cristiano, Georgina, Cristiano Junior, and even his parents waiting by the door.