five

five. the guy who has the same name as the crab from the little mermaid

this is me praying that

this was the very first page

Katherine was caught in a whirlwind of emotions. The echoes of his voice reverberated in her thoughts, his fleeting glances away a telltale sign of hidden truths. No matter how hard he tried to mask his feelings, she could always sense when he was being less than honest. It was as if his eyes, unable to meet hers, betrayed the weight of his unspoken words. She had wanted clarity, for him to meet her gaze and tell her the truth. But he had turned away, leaving her with more questions than answers.

"It's because I care too much."

His admission of caring too much had only deepened her confusion. How could care lead to secrecy and distance? It felt like a contradiction, as if his intense emotions had built a wall between them. Maybe his fear of being vulnerable had kept them apart, lost in a sea of uncertainty.

In that moment, sitting in the kitchen with the familiar faces of her loved ones surrounding her, Katherine couldn't escape the turmoil within her soul. Conrad's sudden dismissal of the car incident had ignited a spark of anger within her, a flame fueled by a desire for transparency and understanding. She longed for him to face her, to meet her gaze, and to reveal the truth that lay dormant within his heart. But instead, he shut her down, closing the door to any chance of resolution.

In her frustration, Katherine longed for honesty, for unfiltered truths that could guide her to peace. The weight of his unspoken feelings hung heavy, casting shadows over their connection. Yet, in the midst of it all, she understood. Love was complex–defying logic and words. Trust and open communication were vital, but everyone had their own journey to navigate.

She sat with those she considered her family right now, thoughts of the morning's events filling up her mind.

She observed their faces, their presence offering both comfort and longing. They were her anchors, her support system, but even they couldn't bridge the divide that seemed to widen between her and Conrad. In that moment, they were on separate shores, unable to reach each other amidst the tumultuous waves of unspoken truths.

"Do we really have to physically sit for our portraits? Can't she just, like, look at a picture on her phone or something?" Jeremiah's voice was laced with a hint of annoyance, his focus divided between cooking eggs and shooing Steven away.

"Okay, get out." He said trying to get Steven to stand away from him.

"What? Why?" The Conklin boy protests.

As the banter continued, Katherine found solace in the shared laughter and the familiar dynamics of her family. Laurel's voice chimed in, offering an explanation for Susannah's request.

this love- conrad fisherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara