six

ok guys I'm gonna start off with something that I have personally faced. so, I like doing my makeup, it makes me feel confident and more in touch with my own identity. HOWEVER, people think of me as "superficial" and untrue to myself. I am not changing my race, I am careful with the products I use. I only try my best to enhance the features I already have. THEN WHY CAN'T SOME PEOPLE LEAVE ME ALONE?! so this chapter first starts with my experience, written as Katherine's because I want people to see her as this girl who enjoys all the lovely parts of life, however she wants to enjoy them. People who do makeup are not shallow, in fact, they are probably more true to themselves that you ever will be. don't look down at people who enjoy different things because no-one is the same, and no-one should be.

six. I know your mom's favourite song

I look at you... and I see nothing

Katherine's eyes sparkled with excitement as she stood before the mirror, her reflection adorned with an array of vibrant colors and expertly applied makeup

Katherine's eyes sparkled with excitement as she stood before the mirror, her reflection adorned with an array of vibrant colors and expertly applied makeup. She loved the transformative power of cosmetics, the ability to enhance her natural features and express her creativity through various looks. The process of getting dressed up was more than just a routine; it was a form of self-expression and an opportunity to embrace her femininity.

However, as much as she cherished this aspect of her identity, Katherine was well aware of the societal judgments and stereotypes that often accompanied it. Girls who enjoyed wearing makeup were sometimes looked down upon, labeled as superficial or insecure. The pervasive notion that makeup was a tool for masking one's true self or conforming to societal beauty standards weighed heavily on her.

One particular incident stood out in her memory, a short but poignant past scene that highlighted the harsh reality of judgment and mockery. She had been excitedly applying makeup for a school event, meticulously blending shades and accentuating her features with precision. Lost in the artistry, she hadn't noticed the presence of someone who held a disdainful perspective.

"Look at her, thinking she's some kind of beauty queen with all that makeup," a snide voice had sneered from behind her.Startled, Katherine turned to face the source of the mocking words. It was a fellow student, known for their tendency to belittle others to boost their own fragile ego. The disdain in their eyes and the sarcastic tone in their voice cut through her like a knife. In that moment, her excitement turned into a sinking feeling of self-doubt.

Ignoring the sting of their words, she mustered her inner strength and replied, "I wear makeup because it makes me feel confident and allows me to express my creativity. It's about embracing who I am, not conforming to anyone else's standards."

The classmate sneered, their condescension evident. "Sure, keep telling yourself that. You're just hiding behind a mask."

Katherine's heart ached, but she refused to let their words diminish her love for makeup and her right to express herself. With a determined look in her eyes, she took a deep breath and responded, "Makeup is not a mask; it's an art form. It's a way to showcase my individuality and embrace the different facets of my personality. I refuse to let anyone's judgment dampen my enthusiasm."