The Arrival

[3rd Person POV]

The Miner stared the city that was slowly growing in the distance as both him and the girl, Bella walk forward. The Miner glanced to his side to see Bella has sparkling eyes as she stared out at the city. The Miner at first decided to summon a Horse using Horse Spawn Egg he stored but against it as he still wary how the girl will react to his power. Thus, he wait until the necessary time come.

The Miner eyed Bella and had to smile. He'd grown rather fond of the girl over the last month and a half. After that first night, whenever they had stopped for the evenings, he and Bella would spend an hour or two sparring. Well… perhaps sparring is the wrong word. He'd spent a couple hours every night teaching Bella how not to kill herself with her own weapon.

Although a shoddy iron dagger was all Bella had with her, the Miner had a few unenchanted iron and steel weapons with him that were a good level for a beginner to use. For the first few days, he'd had Bella try out each of the different weapons to find the one that best suited him. After Bella had managed to nearly bash in her own skull with a war-hammer and nearly emasculate herself with a short-axe, it became rather apparent that daggers and long knives were best suited to the girl's fighting style.

Once that had become apparent, he'd replaced Bella's beat up old dagger with one of his nicer steel daggers. The dagger was actually pretty old, being one of the first weapons he'd ever forged back in his beginner day.

Since the dagger was something he'd forged when he was first starting, it was a perfect level for Bella to use. He didn't want to give the girl a powerful, enchanted weapon. Giving a beginner a powerful weapon right off the bat was just begging for trouble and despite he did have the tools and the materials he needed to make a weapon that would grow with him, he decided to do it when the right time come.

He also hadn't been able to armor the girl since all the armor he had was made for someone his own size and, again, he did have the tools needed to resize it but he against it mean he need to take her size that mostly mean he need to touched her.

Furthermore, all the armor he had was just too good or too heavily enchanted for someone of Bella's level. Having ridiculously strong armor from the start would be detrimental to her growth. The girl was better off finding a blacksmith in the city and making a contract with them.

After giving Bella a weapon that didn't look like it was about to shatter, the two of them had spent the evenings sparring. He'd shown Bella the proper way to hold her knife, both in a normal and a reverse grip, and helped her figure out how best to use her natural agility. They'd spent their days trading stories and going over topics that Bella needed to know if he wanted to survive.

He had even let Bella handle any monster encounters, once he was sure the girl wouldn't get herself killed by being stupid. One of the things he'd been trying to beat into Bella's skull from the start was the importance of healing items or spells, and how best to run away if she was overwhelmed. Survival for her and whatever team she formed was lesson number 1 and Bella seemed to have learned it rather well. The girl was a quick learner, especially with decent gear and a proper teacher.

When she wasn't teaching Bella, the two would trade stories. The Miner told the girl about some of his adventures, careful not to name places since he didn't really want to answer any questions about where he was from just yet. Bella would talk about his grandfather and his village, or she would recite the tales her grandfather had told her. She was especially fond of recounting heroic tales. It was through Bella's stories that he learned about the myths and legends of this new world. All legends contain a decent amount of truth, so it was good information to have.