*Overture*

NuNew Chawarin had never been a fan of coffee.

Ever.

He was more of a tea guy. Maybe a milk or juice guy, but never really a coffee guy.

Never saw the charm of the strong, bitter taste, as much as almost all his friends and colleagues of the Faculty of Humanities of the Kasetsart University were basically running on caffeine on daily basis to keep up with study and terms.

When they held some group meetings and brainstorming sessions over assignments and activities in the coffee shops nearby the faculty, they were always considerate enough to choose a place that also had a decent tea selection.

Today it was probably going to be one of those days, again.

After his Chinese III class was over in the afternoon, his closest colleagues deemed it to be a good idea to revise some group research over Chinese History and, over Nat's suggestion, they decided to go in a new coffee shop, opened just for a few days in the neighboring area of the faculty.

The other reason behind this choice was that the place was owned by his boyfriend's dearest friends and didn't seem like a bad idea to introduce the place to more and more people, so that it gains some traction in short time.

So...

He met with Nat, Pure, Yim and Tutor in front of the...

"... "Melt Your Heart Cafè"? Really, Nat?" Pure arched her brow, half amused, half nonplused.

"I wasn't the one choosing the name, that's not my café, why you looking at me?"

"It was your idea, right?" said Tutor, crossing his arms.

"Max's friends own the place. I know them, they are cool! I've already been here; coffee is amazing and the place is chill! You'll like it!" said Nat, trying to hype the group.

"Ok, no time to discuss over this place's name! Our research over Tang Dinasty won't write itself! Let's get inside and be done with it!" said NuNew, grabbing the wooden knob of the cafè door.

He was immediately enfolded into a whiff of warm, fragrant air.

The smell of coffee was strong but not in an unpleasant way.

NuNew scanned the room. It looked... cozy. Walls of a soothing dark brown wood and dark metal, in a nice industrial style. It wasn't a big place, maybe 15 tables at most but almost all occupied by students; some faces looked familiar, maybe from his same faculty, or the Science one that was not too far from there.

Pure, being the practical person of the group, immediately spotted a free table and proceeded to occupy it before it was too late.

"Ok, I'll go ordering coffees!" said Nat, putting down his bag on one of the chairs.

"Uhm? Why, they'll have some waiter coming here in no time." reasoned NuNew.

"Oh, they don't have one, yet..." he said, sheepishly, as if it was his own fault. "Remember? They only opened a few days ago..."

"Uhm..." mumbled Yim. "Ok, I'll take a cookie and cream Frappuccino."

"In the mood for sugar, Yim? You don't get enough already through the day?" teased Tutor, which Yim replied with a pout that was meant, only in the boy's head, to be reproachful but in the end, not really. At all. "I'll take an Americano, by the way!"

"Americano for me too!" said Pure, closing the menu in front of her. "Wouldn't be bad if they have some snacks but... I'll leave that to you!"

"NuNew?"