Chapter 2

This time NuNew was ready and resolute to actually go to the "Melt Your Heart Café" to study.

It was Sunday afternoon; weather was warm but not yet too hot to handle.

His parents looked at him with a note of suspect while he went out with his backpack, a light pair of white trousers and a new blue shirt he now was very happy to have bought because, contrary to his first impressions, it really suited him like Nat said.

A nagging voice in the back of his head tried to rain on his parade by complying that, for someone who only planning to spend the whole afternoon studying, he put too much thought into his dressing choices, but he pushed it back with all his might.

The weather was sweet, the air was dry and warm, but not yet unbearably so.

He was so happy today; he gave a deep breath while walking to the bus stop.

Why so happy, tho?

He couldn't really deny to himself anymore that part of his happiness had to do with a certain handsome barista.

Ok, a big part.

But everything was in check, he had things under control, right?

He liked the place; he liked the food... and the view.

Couldn't hurt, if he was well conscious of it?

If he was conscious of this... thing, dwelling in his chest, every time he saw P'Zee.

He managed well enough, until now.

He visited the "Melt Your Heart" every day of the past 2 weeks.

Things were fine. Perfectly so.

Well...

He was still unsure if "perfectly" was the best word to use.

Unless with it, he meant that yeah, it looked like he couldn't skip a single day without going there. This week, not even on a Sunday.

Well, it was really no lie that he liked the place. Food was simple but tasty. Tea was good. He also started to like coffee and P'Poppy and P'Zee were very nice to him.

Especially P'Zee.

Could he hope that P'Zee actually... liked him? Even a tiny bit?

As a person, only as a person. Sure.

Nothing else, really.

He found out he always felt fine, just walking in that place and being welcomed by his smiling face...

It couldn't be a bad thing, right? To be at ease with someone.

To be happy to see him again.

...right?

NuNew shook his head, before the usual overthinking of his own motives took over his mind; putting on his earphones, he pressed play to the first song of his favourite playlist while Bangkok started moving through the bus windows.

Finally arrived to his stop, the closest one to his faculty, he hopped off from the bus and walked in the direction of the café.

The streets were buzzing with young people, just like in the week days. He probably saw more than one familiar face in the crowd but didn't pay too much attention.

His focus became, again, the café's door knob.

He gave a deep breath, before opening the door and coming in.

The place was crowded but not completely so.

NuNew turned to the bar counter, only to see Poppy behind it.