*Epilogue*

May had come.

Last class of the day was over and NuNew packed his notes, ready to head to the Melt Your Heart, as he used to do every day, for his coffee, pastries and...

Well...

For his boyfriend.

He couldn't help the smile blossoming on his lips and he really couldn't care the less that Pure and Nat looked at him shaking their heads, probably aware of his train of thoughts because he really kept mentioning him at the most random moments.

"You can come with us, if you want!" NuNew said to Pure.

"Thanks, I'll pass today. Last time you basically left us at our table and spent all the time at the counter, sipping coffee and batting your lashes to your hot barista boyfriend! And I spared you more colourful definitions of what you were doing because I'm a lady with some class..."

"I think what Pure is trying to say is that you were eyefuc-"

"THANK YOU, NAT! I didn't ask for a translation!" NuNew interrupted his best friend before the obvious was stated in plain daylight.

"You act all shy but you seduced your Phi... you really have no shame, NuNew!" Pure added, walking to the door.

"Oyyy, you know Max is only 1 year younger than papa Zee, right? You mean I have no shame too?"

"I meant what I meant! You're really the perfect besties... Bye guys, have a nice day!" and with a flaunt of her hand, she disappeared behind the classroom door.

The two boys looked at each other, laughing and shaking their heads.

Well, that was Pure.

"You coming with me?" NuNew asked.

"Yes, Max is coming to the Café today, so... -

"Oh! Today too? Is it for the renovations?"

"I think so, yeah... since Poppy and Zee came up with that "small meeting room in the back" idea to expand and attract start up workers of the area and whatever, Max is working on it so relentlessly... he sounded very happy of the general result, so far! –

"Sounds cool, meeting rooms in coffee shops are very trendy, it'll give a good kick to the business!"

"Wow, look at who is going all business over his boyfriend's coffee shop!" Nat smirked.

"It's true tho!"

"It's true, it's true! Melt Your Heart is doing great and with Max's magic touch, it'll do even better!"

"Who was talking about going all proud and business-like over boyfriend's job?"

The two boys giggled while walking down the stairs of their faculty, just to be out in the street, heading towards the well-known café.

A few weeks passed since that night.

The night when they both, rather awkwardly, confessed their feelings to each other, just a few meters away from his house.

Since then, things changed but also... not really?

Well, things that didn't change were, he was basically every day at the Melt Your Heart, at his reserved table studying for his terms. What changed was that... every evening, he left the place on Zee's bike, holding tight onto his waist and feeling like, while the city lights flashed into his eyes, everything that mattered was in his arms, against his chest.

Such a glow up, for someone who thought Zee was so out of his reach.

Turned out, Zee more or less thought the same about him.