Into another dimension

☆ y/n ☆

 I stood before the door to Gwen's apartment. It had been a few months since the funeral and since Peter had died. I didn't know him very well, but it still hurt. I tried to put myself in Gwen's shoes, to help understand her better and why she did what she did.

After Peter died, it seemed like Gwen did too.

She didn't hang out with us anymore and seemed like she dropped out of the band without a word. I rarely saw her at school, ducking around corners into empty classes. Once, during lunch I found her in the theater playing the drums loudly, as if she was hitting out all of her pain.

I gently knocked on the door of the apartment, pulling back and rocking on my heels while I waited. Moments after, her father opened the door, a surprised look on his face.

"Uhh, hi" I said "I'm y/n. I was in her band...um, is Gwen here?"

He nodded slowly "yeah...yeah she's in her room."

He opened the door wider for me to step in. I gave him a tentative smile and stepped into a small hall that led out to the living room/ kitchen. He pointed to the door next to the small circular table, leading to gwen's room. I walked across the living room, tapping gently on her door.

"Gwen?" I asked.

On the other side of the door, I heard the muffled sounds of shuffling, as if she was getting out of ehr bed and moving across to the door.

"Gwen, it's me,'' I said softly," I just wanted to come by and check up on you. We haven't heard from you in a few months."

Unexpectedly, she opened the door. Her short blonde hair was messy from sleep, her eyes dropped downwards from crying. My lips fell in a small o at the sight of her, how much of a mess she was.

"Gwen, hey,"

She tried to smile "hey, y/n."

She turned around and walked back to her bed. I followed her in, marveling at her room. There was a drumset in the corner, a bookshelf next to her bed that was piled with blankets and pillows.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, taking a seat on the stool next to her desk.

"Fine," she replied "did MJ send you?"

I shook my head "No. I mean, we are all pretty worried but it's got nothing to do with the band."

She nodded.

I opened my mouth to say something when everything in her room started to float, including us.

"W-what's going on?" she asked, looking over at her clothes floating in the air.

"I have no idea," I replied, kicking my feet to stay upright.

Above us, a huge hole opened in her ceiling, bright lights appearing inside of it. Gwen slipped into it, clawing at her ceiling before disappearing into the hole. I let out a cry of surprise, finding myself getting pulled towards it as well. I closed my eyes, pulling my legs towards my chest as I followed Gwen into the mysterious abyss.

When I opened my eyes, I was hurtling towards the roof of a building. Gwen landed first, diving in a roll and perking back up on her knees when I landed right on top of her with a loud grunt. She fell back against the roof, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry," I chuckled, planting one hand by her shoulder to steady myself.

She laughed quietly "its okay, y/n"

I looked up from her, watching all of the screens in New York change. There was something off about them, it looked the same but it didn't feel the same. While I watched the ads change, I felt Gwen's warmth underneath me. I looked down. My face grew hot when I realized how close we were.

She smiled up at me, pulling her hands away to tuck back a strand of my hair. I tried to give her a smile back, trying to regulate my pounding heart. After a moment, I crawled off of her. I sat back on my heels, marveling at the city.

"It feels like we were blown into last week." Gwen said as she stood up.

Both of us walked to the ledge of the building, looking down as the news was broadcasted across a huge screen on the building, revealing a man called Spider-man.

"Spider-man?" I mumbled under my breath.

"Must be a different dimension, or universe." Gwen responded, turning away from the ledge. She sat down, resting her elbows on her knees.

"But the real question is, why? How, even?"

I sat down beside her, shrugging "I know just as much as you."

I glanced up at the sky, trying to piece together everything that had happened in the last few minutes. The stars were clouded from all the lights, revealing a plain night sky. Next to me, Gwen went rigid for a split second. I could see her trying to casually look at me before opening her mouth to speak.

"Maybe...uh we should go to a private school. Like dorms and stuff so we could have a place to stay while we are here." she suggested.

"Alright," I shrugged, "why not."

~~

Alright, I figured out what Imma do. So, all in all, im working on your relationship with Gwen, and im also trying to hint at some romantic tension, as well as steam. 

happy reading ! - Miss Madonna