CHAPTER 40

AUDELIA'S POV

No way!" I nearly exclaim, the excitement coursing in my vein at the sight of different cars on one side while the sound of tyres screeches on the cold asphalt echoes in the dark night. "Is this the car race business you were talking about?"

He hums, giving me a small smile as he sees the big grin plastered on my face. "Do you like it?"

"I love it." My hands go on his shoulders and I get on my tiptoes, pressing a kiss on his lips.

"Get a room guys." Lucas says, coughing as he walks past us causing us to pull away.

"Fuck off, Lucas." Lorenzo grumbles, flipping him with his finger.

"I love you too." Lucas calls out behind him, continuing his path to his destination.

"Let's go. I'll be your personal guide for your entire stay here."

"Huh?" I ask, slightly taken aback by his words.

"You said you never came to Italy before." He speaks up. "So, I will be your personal guide to Italy and not just here." He offers me another small smile, amused at my expression.

I am surprised and overwhelmed by the thought of actually enjoying this visit to Italy and not losing all the time drowning in work or the mafia.

Snapping out of my trance, I speak up, deciding to tease him a little. "What if I don't want you as my guide?" I raise an eyebrow at him. "Just like any other tourist, I want to make sure I get the best experience of the place."

"I assure you I can give you that." He says confidently.

"And why do you think that?" I challenge him, looping my hands around his neck, a small smile on my lips. "What other things do I get with you as my guide."

"Firstly, I built this place and know every corner of it and the people." He states. "Then, a tour to the most beautiful places and not just the popular ones." He continues, his arms snaking around my waist and pulling me closer to him.

"And?"

"And it is free of charge."

"Hmm. Anything else?"

"I pay for everything including food and also your shopping." I smile at the last part. "I will get you anything you want."

"And," He says before I have a chance to say anything, leaning down to whisper in my ear, "sex is also included. I can make you see stars and pray to god all at once. I am sure you don't doubt that."

"When does the official tour start then?" I ask as he pulls away despite the memories rushing to my head.

"Right now, Smeraldo." He pecks my lips, his hands closing around mine and pulling me with him and I follow him with a big grin on my face, reminding me of the times when I would go shopping with my mom.

He leads me around, showing me the garage area where cars that get damaged during the race get repaired. He leads me to the beautiful cars that keep calling my name and my hands itch to be on the steering wheel and my feet on the pedal.

He explains every little detail about each car, including the alterations that improve certain of its properties. Even if I don't understand most of what he says, it still feels good to listen to every word he says because he seems really passionate about this business. If he likes telling me about it, I am more than happy to listen to him all day.

"What is this?" I ask curiously as he opens the door to a small building, allowing me to enter first. With his hand on the small of my back, he leads me around the room. It is small and divided into four sections with four cubicles attached in each section occupied by people working on computers, checking documents or communicating through their mikes attached to their headsets.