One

Tears whelmed in my eyes as I walked down the hallway to go to class, laughs and whispers echoed around me. Somehow everyone found out that I'm gay...Usually, it wouldn't be a big deal but since Truham is a boy's school, I'm now the target.

Anxiety bubbled up inside me as classmates glanced over with disgusted expressions, whispering to each other. If any news or gossip is going around Higgs or Truham it spreads fast like wildfire. This time...It's about me.

Tao rushed over to me with big worried eyes as everyone stared at us, some laughing about how Tao could be my boyfriend or some shit.

"You probably shouldn't hang out with me if you don't want to be talked about..." I whispered to him,  not wanting Tao to be made fun of because of me.

"No. I'm never leaving your side." Tao mumbled and walked with me to class. Tao's eyes shined with
some emotion I couldn't tell what... guilt or regret?

I was about to ask Tao what was wrong but got interrupted as someone walking by shoved me into the lockers. More tears whelmed in my eyes.

"Disgusting." The older classmate laughed as he walked away with his group of friends who found it amusing.

"Don't listen to them," Tao ordered as we began to walk again. But the way he said disgusting, I just don't understand why everyone cares so much about my sexuality. It's not like I stare at every guy's ass as they walk by.

"Are you coming to class?" Tao asked in worry as we stopped in the hallway.

There was no way that I would be able to concentrate in class with everything going on, my head was throbbing in pain from everybody's bullshit.

"I just need a break," I explained before walking to the art room. I knew it was going to be empty this block, hopefully, Mr.Ajayi wouldn't mind.

(TW)

Before I could reach the classroom, a group of 4 guys walked up to me. For fuck sake my headache is getting worse.

"How does it feel that everyone knows your dirty little secret?" The tallest one asked, with a proud smirk as his mates laughed.

"Just leave me alone." I try to say but yelped in pain as he slammed me up against the lockers. My back ached in Pain and tears whelmed in my eyes once again.

I just wished the ground would open up and swallow me whole so I didn't have to exist anymore.

I just wanted to go invisible and disappear. My arms itch and ache for a feeling of pain, wanting me to start that bad habit... (End of tw)

My mind went blank, things started to go blurry as the group of 4 older teenagers mocked and laughed at me. I managed to get out of being pinned against the locker and ran off, my flight instincts kicking in.
Thank god the bell rang meaning school was over. I ran out ignoring the teachers calling for me to come back.

Once I got to the bus station where my older sister Tori was waiting for me, I rushed into her arms and just began to sob. Letting out the tears that I've been holding in all day.

Tori hugged me close and just let me cry into her shoulder. When I was in her arms all my problem's disappeared, and I felt safe again.

I don't know what I'd do without Tori. She was always there for me when I needed her.