Three

Once I got off the bus, arriving at school I jumped in surprise as Tao ran up to me. I was on full alert, I was feeling as if everyone was staring at me in disgust.

Anxiety washed over me as Tao began to talk, but I didn't hear him. It sounded like a broken record as my mind went to static. Tao had to shake my shoulder multiple times to gain my attention.

"Charlie, You alright? Why didn't you answer my texts last night?" Tao had big worried eyes. God, I hated it when I worried people.

It wasn't even 9 a.m. yet and I wanted to break down crying.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to worry you my mom took my phone away for skipping my last class yesterday," I explained, not recognizing my voice as it came out soft and shaky.

"So, you didn't tell them about the bullying?" Two sighed deeply as
We walked into Truham.

(TW)

Before I got the chance to answer, I stumbled to the ground and I got shoved to the floor.

"Stay away from me you disgusting gay." An older classmate that I was about to walk by laughed.

The hallway burst into giggles.

My eyes watered as I scrambled to pick up my textbooks. Tao tried to reach down to help but I stopped him, "It's fine I got this." As soon as I collected all my belongings I was shoved into the lockers causing me to drop everything once again.

For fuck sake!!

Now the tears that whelmed in my eyes were more from frustration than sadness. Everyone walking by didn't give a shit.

Am I that disgusting?

Tao helped me up, glaring at everyone who laughed my way.

I tugged on Tao's arm wanting to leave this hallway.

(End of TW)

"Let's just go," I begged. My head was aching from how anxious I was feeling. Tao looked at me in worry.

"You look pale...Are you alright?" Tao asked me as we sat down in class.

Okay, I love Tao but that was a very stupid question, of course I wasn't okay...

But I just nodded in response and began to take down notes as the teacher spoke.

I leaned back in my chair as the teacher began to hand out quizzes that we had done yesterday. As Ms.Smith handed me my quiz, she leaned down to talk to me, "Not your best work Charlie," she began. I stared at the packet, a C+...Fucking hell could this day get any worse?

"I need to talk to you after class." Ms.Smith stated before going back to teaching my heart sunk as the C+ glared at me, my parents are going to be pissed at me again.

When class was over, Tao gave me a 'good luck' glance before walking out of the room.

Ms.Smith looked at me and sighed, "Charlie, I don't know what's going on with you but this is the lowest grade you ever got. You better study up for this next quiz or your whole average will go down." She ranted.

Did she really have me stay back only to lecture me? Does she really not know what's going on when the whole school is talking about it?

"I would also suggest tutoring. Now go on you'll be late to your next class." Ms.Smith ordered.

I got up and grabbed my bag. I stormed out of the classroom.

This just proves that the school cares about grades and not about the students. Tao was waiting for me outside of the classroom, "what was that about-" I interrupted him by breaking down sobbing.

Tao squeaked in surprise and hugged me close. I clung onto him, feeling hopeless.

God, I'm so embarrassing.

"She just lectured me about the grade and didn't even say shit about the bullying." I ranted to Tao, shakily wiping my eyes.

Tao frowned at me, "Maybe now we should tell someone about the bullying." He tried.

I shook my head, "No...Then my parents will know everything." I began to cry once again. Tao sighed and hugged me closer.

"We're very late to class." Tao announced, trying to lighten up the mood.

I forced a smile and followed him to class.

(TW)

My arms aches underneath my school uniform jacket as I rubbed at my arm anxiously.

(End of TW)

I wanted to go home and disappear under the covers. Sleeping was my only escape these days.