Six

I sat in the art room, fiddling with my untouched lunch box as Tao rambled to our new friend named Isaac. Isaac was new to Truham and as soon as we saw that he was always glued to a book, we knew he'd fit in with us. Our group felt empty as Elle who recently came out as Trans, is out of school for a bit because of bullying. I wish my parents would take me out as well, but my mom said I had to face my problems instead of running away from them.

The bullying was slowing down ever since the main group got suspended, but I still get glares and homophobic comments from across the hallway. Each time it happens it feels like a slap to the face.

(TW) Each glare or whisper I get, also makes me want to take the blade to my arm again. Nobody is realizing how this buying is affecting me mentally. I want to scream out at everyone how I'm not okay.

"Hey, are you okay?" Tao asked, poking my shoulder to gain my attention.

"Yeah, I just, have to go to the bathroom," I got up, gathering my stuff before walking out of the room.

I was beginning to get lost in my thoughts again. It helped me to get up and move so that's what I did, even if it caused Tao and Isaac to send me a worried glance.

Once I got into the hallway, I yelped in surprise as I was shoved into the lockers. I looked up and froze as if it were the 4 guys that I got suspended.

"We're here to get our work. But wow am I glad we ran into you." The tallest one scowled and punched me in the face, hard. I cried out in pain causing a few older students who were walking by to look over.

"Leave him alone!" An older classmate yanked the bully away from me.

The group of 4 guys ran, not wanting to deal with the older classmates. I looked at the two who just stuck up for me and smiled the best I could, "Thank you..." I rubbed my jaw which was now throbbing in pain.

"No need to thank us. We should've stopped it way sooner. I'm Ethan, and this is Max if you ever need our help again. Let's get you to the nurse." Ethan suggested. I nodded and began to follow them, taking a deep breath.

At least Ethan and Max cared enough to stop the bullying...Hopefully, the bullying will stop now....

Right?

I sat in the nurse's office, fiddling with my backpack strap. I felt like the walls were closing in on me and I just wanted to go home.

Luckily, the nurse got my mom to come get me and she was on her way. I sent a text over to Isaac and Tao to let them know that I was going home early.

Tao: okay see you tomorrow!

Isaac: rest up!

My mom soon walked in and looked at me. She had an annoyed expression as she motioned me to leave with her. I got
My stuff and followed her out.

"So you're telling me that two older students stopped it from happening and the school didn't even care?" Jane asked as we got into the car.

I nodded and sat down, trying to get my mind to shut up as it swarmed with bad thoughts; lately, it never shut up.

"Uhm, at least they did," I mumbled.

"You're going to stay at home for a few days as we deal with the school." Jane decided. I nodded and sighed in relief.

Thank god. I just wanted to hide away under the covers to disappear.

Sleeping was the only way I could take a break from the pain.

"Have you been feeling okay lately? You haven't been eating...Much." Jane asked as she drove. Did she finally notice that I wasn't okay? Did she care??

" I haven't," I admitted, picking at my pants anxiously. "I-I have been-" I was about to tell her about (TW) the self-harm and how I felt like I needed to control my eating, but she interrupted me. "Well, the couple of days of rest will help," Jane said as she parked in the driveway.

"Oh, yeah," I whispered and tried to stop the tears that whelmed in my eyes.

This is why I felt like I couldn't tell my parents anything. They always dismiss me when I try to tell them something important.