A truth among lies/Chapter 5

Kazuha looked away and then looked back at Scaramouche, he sighed.
After all, his story was really sad, and maybe these were all reasons for Scaramouche to start being a murderer.
Kazuha took a deep breath, maybe if he did this, Scaramouche could stab him in the back, but he didn't really care.

Kazuha hugged Scaramouche tightly, and carresed his hair.
"I do care."...
_________________________

Scaramouche looked at Kazuha, and his eyes widened for a second, as he wasn't expecting someone to be nice to him again.
"Wh-what are you doing...?"
He was looking away from Kazuha, trying to understand why he was suddenly hugging him.
"...Don't show me any kindness..."
He turned his head back to look at Kazuha, while his lips were trembling again.
"...Y-you don't care!"

"I do care!"
Kazuha looked at him with a honest expression, he wasn't lying or trying to run away this time, neither trying to distract Scaramouche, he really, REALLY meant it.

Scaramouche looked back at Kazuha again, this time his eyes were a bit tearful, as he was trying to hold his emotions.
"W-why would you care about me...?"
He was trying to understand why Kazuha was the only person he had ever met that actually cared about him, despite the fact he was a known assassin who had murdered a lot of people.
"...You should hate me, just like everyone else..."

Kazuha sighed, he wiped the tears from Scaramouche's face.
"Look, you were right, I would like you once I got to know you better."
He looked at him with a serious and honest expression.
"I don't hate you, I'm just afraid of your intentions, the fact that you killed half the people in this maze."

Scaramouche was staying silent, as he was really overwhelmed with the whole situation. He couldn't accept that someone actually cared about him, despite everything he's done. Even his own mother didn't seem to care about him that much, because she gave up on him before giving him a chance.
"...I-I don't know what to say..."
He was looking at the ground, as he dried his tears.
"...Sorry..."
He said it in a really quiet voice, while he was ashamed to apologize.

Kazuha sighed, he grabbed Scaramouche's chin and lifted it up so he could look at Kazuha.
"It's alright..."
He took a deep breath.
"Does that mean you won't kill me...? I'm sorry... I'm still afraid."

Scaramouche was looking at Kazuha with a face of disbelief, he didn't understand how Kazuha wasn't scared of him.
"...Of course I'm not going to kill you..."
He was sounding so confused by this, that he almost sounded like if he was afraid of Kazuha. It was obvious that his entire life had been full of people hating him.
"...Why are you not scared of me... Of what I could do to you if you were rude to me again?"

"Oh, I am scared of you... Believe me."
Kazuha took Scaramouche's hand and placed it on his chest, so he could hear Kazuha's heartbeat. The beats were fast, very fast.
"I'm afraid of you, and every time I'm talking or standing close, my heart races with fear, because I know that at any moment I could die. But maybe you deserve a chance for someone to talk to you, so I try."

Scaramouche was listening to Kazuha's heartbeat, and after hearing how fast it was, he had to feel bad for him.
"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I don't want you to be scared of me."
He was starting to feel really sad to see that his presence was causing some kind of suffering to Kazuha.
"I won't hurt you, I'm glad someone like you can give me a second chance, even thought I don't deserve it."

"It's okay, don't worry."
Kazuha smiled, his heart was still beating fast, he took Scaramouche's hand away from his chest.

Scaramouche was looking at Kazuha, he wanted to ask him something, but he was a bit embarrassed to do so.
"...Would you want to be friends?"
He was sounding hopeful, like this was probably the best thing that had happened to him in the last few weeks.
"Could... I have a friend... just for once in my life?"