{5}- Reason & History | Road Trip

A day later...

"Destination: Yellowstone Park. Let's go!" Planck said with excitement as she pressed down on the gas, and the car started. We rode a chubby Volkswagen 2 camper van, heading straight out of Billings in a plume of smoke.

Laurel, Park City, Columbus, Reed Point, Greycliff, Great Timber...

We sped past multiple small towns along the Yellowstone River to our destination, with the three behind us already fast asleep. While Planck drove, Schrödinger was absorbed in the scenery although she had already seen these sights many times before. 

I swear, her hoodie needs to be sold as a collectible later on. That stuff is gold.

Again, I have no idea what you mean, but I guess I'm used to it.

"Montana is so nice... this sort of tranquility in the wilderness is perfect for emptying our worries." Planck commented.

"Hm. It would be better if there was less human activity." Schrödinger chirped in.

"Ah, do you like Alaska then?"

"No, that's not- never mind... There are too many mountains near Anchorage, that's all. Ah. Then Siberia should be fine. It's just that... the Russians smell too much, so I can't stand it myself."

"Haha, even though Canada is next door, you are looking really far, aren't you?"

"Canada... and the Yukon Territories near Alaska - they were all completely covered under the Arctic ice cap in the last glacial maximum... Teacher, do you think we will have any opportunities to work there?"

"I don't know, to be honest, but I just realized something. Siberia isn't even under our control., you know?"

"True, but the Babylon Laboratories are there. Isn't it the place where the people who disobeyed the Overseer get sent to?"

The Babylon Labs...

S-

"That's a cruel joke. And it's not funny." Planck suddenly got serious.

"Teacher, you never consider the full possibilities..." Schrödinger flicked her hair. "Uncertainty Principle. The world will change upon human observation. If you only focus on the beautiful and lovely things, the world will be as fragile as a porcelain doll."

"Porcelain dolls aside..." Planck is obviously displeased with Schrödinger's philosophy, so she decided to strike back. "Either way, Einstein is still cuter than you, you know?"

"..." Schrödinger, obviously not expecting the sudden topic change, stopped twisting her hair.

"Hmph, if you want to surpass us Bavarians in terms of jokes, you Austrians have to practice at least 100 more years!"

"Teacher, racial discrimination is very bad behaviour."

Pfftt-

"That's exactly why I said you needed practice."

No way Planck just confirmed racism is comedy's core.

"Look at your gloomy and unfazed attitude. How are you going to find a boyfriend at this rate?" Planck faked worry once more, earning the disdain of the brunette.

"..."

"Isn't that enough reason to change yourself up a little?"

"..."

Schrödinger sighed. "If I must say, teacher, do you always remind us of relationships because you're still single to this day?"

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- FATALITY