{25}- Project QUANTA | ELFs

Main Honkai Impact 3rd Universe Time, approx. 1966: 

Sea of Quanta 

A lone brunette girl drifted through the cosmos, in the chaos known as the Sea of Quanta to many branches of the Imaginary Tree. Millions and billions of bubble universes were in sight, all whose history were pruned from the tree itself, left alone to die after their civilization lost against the Honkai - or at least, that's most of them that have fallen.

Many other bubble universe were simply born in the Sea of Quanta, and with their Ether Anchors, allows them to survive for a long time before they must face the inevitable sinking of their world to the bottom of this reality, absorbed as nutrients for the tree.

A journey in this place is a lonely one. Almost no one will ever come into contact with you, even if there are probably hundred of millions of travellers suspended in this Multiversal void. Schrödinger was a special case, however, as she has already transcended the limits of humanity with the usage of Abyss Flower and the Honkai-fication of her body.

In the Sea of Quanta, even Herrschers are just humans with extra powers.

So that's exactly why Hugo was sent. As one of the most successful members of Project Infinity, he retained more than 98% of the original's powers, making him best suited for the mission to find and accompany her on the future exploration of a place mankind has not dared to touch for millennia.

So the surprise on Schrödinger's face was genuine as she saw the navy-haired boy emerge from a nearby bubble universe just as she was about to enter another.

"There you are."

"You're...wait, but I thought-"

"I'll explain everything. But first, how have you been, Schrö-chan?"

***********************************************************************************************

Main Honkai Impact 3rd Universe Time, approx. 1977: 

Sea of Quanta 

The Sea of Quanta is a vast place. Numerous bubble universes drift within this ocean of possibilities, and each of those bubble universes is a self-contained world in its own right.-

My name is Erwin Reanna Schrödinger. In 1955, an unexpected incident quantized my physical being. I have since devoted myself to exploring those scattered bubble universes and uncovering the truth behind them... with a certain acquaintance in tow.

"Schrö-chan!" A voice, huffing and puffing, emerged from a bubble universe as it dragged itself out of it. The boy, with green hair and blue-tinted glasses, quickly adjusted his attire before facing Schrödinger. "Couldn't you wait a little? I still didn't finish the ramen from that world, and it was the best I've tasted so far!"

"Because we have to get a move on. We can't stay in a single bubble universe for too long, or else our existence becomes too well-defined to leave that world as easily as we could now." Schrödinger replied in a flat voice, her monotone attitude stemming from the disease she was born with. 

"Awww.... couldn't you at least show a little emotion? Sure, I know that you aren't the best with your feelings and all that, but no concern at all? That's surely not true~" Hugo teased as he floated over, before pulling slightly on Schrödinger's cheeks, making her face stretch out a little. Schrödinger, who was visibly annoyed at this, chopped Hugo's head with her hand, causing him to let go.

"I might show some more emotions if you could stop acting like a child. Honestly, compared to Gabriel, it feels like I'm babysitting here."

"Hey, I'm very useful, you know?"