{28}- Project Liebe | Her Forever Friend

June 25, 1987

Providence HQ - Mist's Edge

Mariana Trench

"We mustn't delay any longer."

"I know, but can't you just send one of your clones? Literally every mission we've done except for a few involved your clones' handiwork. Hell, and we're not going to even mention Justin. Bro's having the time of his life."

"Calm down, Welt." Reanna walked over with Liminal Spiral floating behind her. "Gabriel would only do this if he believes it's truly important."

"Reanna's correct. There's no other way to do this, but by myself, and only in this format."

"What if you don't unlock the seal? What if you just... die?"

"I thought we already established that if Honkai doesn't die, I can't die?"

"I... know, Gabriel, but we've been best friends for 35 years now. It's impossible for me not to worry."

"You worry about Ein all day, and I haven't seen a single letter sent."

"You know that's different! I know the stakes. I will go see her when the time is right."

"..."

"..."

"Also, just saying, but Joachim- I mean Welt, made you look hella cool in that season finale of Arahato."

"Oh, shut up! It's embarrassing enough as it is."

"Really~? I'm sensing many emotions other than-"

"Gabriel! Seriously!"

"Haha, you know I'm joking... but back to the main topic..."

"..."

"I'm doing this for her. And the world itself. In the Name of the World, as we said when we started Providence."

"I... fine. But don't you dare get yourself killed, okay?"

"Don't worry. Ritsu would be monitoring the copy of Fenghuang Down. My memories will stay safe, and so will I."

"Then... I guess this is goodbye for 13 years?"

"Yeah... I'll leave the rest to you, Welt, Reanna...and Finn as well."

I'll change the future for the better, just like we've always done.

This is Gabriel Tsun Ren Woo. As to mark the beginning of Project Liebe, over and out.

***********************************************************************************************

October 6, 1987

11:23 PM Local Time

A village in Belarus

"Ma'am! Ma'am!!!"

"Hmm? what's wrong?" A woman came out of the largest shack in the village, confused as she faced the other woman, who hollered for her attention. In her arms, a child wrapped in blankets was crying, his whines loud. The woman covered her ears and immediately put a pacifier of sorts into the child's mouth, before proceeding to ask the other woman what's this all about.

"So? Why did you bring him to me?"

"Be-Because! Kaciaryna, you are the strongest of this village. My family is weak, and we cannot raise him well... but I wouldn't want this child to die either."

"And you think I desire another mouth to feed?"

"I...I'm sorry, for asking, then..."

"Seriously?! Natalla, didn't you just say that you wanted this child to live? You have to try harder than that, no?"